The NRC East Africa & Yemen mission is an expanding programme. NRC started its operations in Kenya in the refugee camps in Dadaab in February 2007. NRC has WASH, Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihood and Information Counselling and Legal Assistant programmes implemented in the refugee camps in Dadaab and Kakuma.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
Duties and responsibilities
NRC Kenya seeks to strengthen implementation of M E systems that will enable improvement of internal management, program/project performance and evidence-based decision making. Within this context, the M&E Officer will provide M&E support to Kakuma area office. S/he will build capacity in the area offices by identifying and supporting the implementation of effective, cost efficient, and meaningful M&E systems.
- Assist in development and administration of M&E and program data management system
- Support the implementation of appropriate SOPs for M&E in line with NRC procedures including confidentiality and data protection.
- Development of appropriate M&E databases to store, analysis and present relevant information.
- Support to process and analyse routine M&E data captured by NRC and partners staff such as beneficiary registration and verification, baseline/end line surveys, and Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) surveys.
- Support in data quality checks and in reporting internally and externally
- Assist the Core Competencies (CCs) Teams to analyse data on needs and to standardize data and vulnerability analysis
- Work with the M&E Team and project staff at Area level to develop systems for capturing and managing data on beneficiaries as well as relevant output and outcome indicators.
- Assist Projects staff to develop templates for M&E data capture throughout the project cycle.
- Support in training for NRC and partner organization on relevant aspects of data management.
- Assist in data audits to identify issues with data quality, reliability and relevance, and communicate problem areas to the M&E Coordinator.
- Support CCs staff at area level to create and maintain databases and spreadsheets that meet
- NRC’s M&E and donors’ requirements.
- Support in implementation of complaints and feedback mechanism in the area office.
- Coordinate the implementation of the PCM (project cycle management) process in the area office
- Any other duty as requested by the line-manager
- Preferable University degree in statistics, economics, IT or related fields.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Proficiency in English is essential
- Minimum 3 years of previous job experience relevant to the function or in data management, statistics, analysis.
- Advanced MS Excel skills and experience of working with MS Access is required. Previous experience of working with SPSS, STATA, Epi Info and R is desirable.
- Candidates with skills and skills in salesforce administration will have an added advantage.
- Good understanding of data and information needs for programme management and decision making.
- Strong data interpretation skills, report writing, and data presentation
- Experience of providing training and capacity building to staff.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Positive and professional attitude
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines