Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Specialist
World Vision , Sri Lanka
Closing Date for Applications:
The purpose of this position is to ensure that quality standards are met in programmes/projects on the basis of objectively verifiable evidences resulting improved child well–being. This position will ensure alignment of technical programme and project to country strategy and setup functional Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) systems and quality assurance mechanisms with required protocols and guidelines. The position will also lead the quality reviews of Design, Monitoring & Evaluation (DME) processes and products and provide timely feedback to key stakeholders. This role involves the technical review and capacity building of field DME staff located in Area Programme (AP) and requires to work/ facilitate with community and stakeholders on participatory M&E process.
- Ensure all programmes and projects are aligned with LEAP3/DME/PQ standards resulting in quality and effectiveness of programmes and projects.
- Integrated Horizon platform for effective MIS system and process for World Vision Lanka (WVL).
- Develop platform for strategy reporting & monitoring process.
- Provide responsive MEAL services to the APs and projects.
- Ensure enhanced evidence based decision making mechanisms process.
- Ensure professional development and effective working relationships.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Minimum of 6 -7 years of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ community development/sector experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in leadership/management position.
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences/Development Management/International Development or relevant field.
- Knowledge & experience on social research and process.
- Knowledge & experience on development of qualitative data collection methods and analysis skills.
- Data handling skills (classification, categorizing, tabulation etc.) and demonstrates diligence in data analysis and management.
- Proficiency with statistical analysis using SPSS, SAS, Minitab or equivalent and database management.
- Certificate in project management / PMD or equivalent.
- Certificate in research methodology/ social research.
- SME in GTRN.
- Understand poverty issues, development theories and holistic development.
- Knowledge & experience on Sector based programs Training and Facilitation skills.
- Fluency in written & spoken English. Well-developed written and oral communication in Sinhala/Tamil.