We are currently seeking qualified candidate for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Associate Director for the Tuberculosis (TB) component under the USAID Sustainable HIV and TB Responses From Technical Assistance (USAID SHIFT) project, based in Hanoi, Vietnam.
The MEL Associate Director, as part of the project leadership team, will provide monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and research support for strategic decision-making and oversee routine M&E; data visualization and use; research; and learning. S/he will be responsible for developing and monitoring a high-quality and adaptive approach to data collection, analysis and use by all project stakeholders as well as developing methods and milestones to monitor the project’s progress towards its goals, and contributing to program strategy to ensure that activities and assignments are carried out as planned and the program objectives are being achieved.
- Create and maintain the MEL plan for the project. Provide technical direction to the implementation of the efficient MEL plan for the project. This includes establishing data collection, analysis, and reporting on key output, outcome and impact indicators for the program and developing data dashboards for real-time reporting and analysis.
- Ensure data quality and security and adherence to donor requirements.
- Drive timely analysis for informed decision-making and project adaptation
- Lead capacity-building to partners on M&E components
- Lead processes to review and analyze global and local evidence to inform the establishment of in country priorities for program and policy action
- Develop high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results, particularly any monitoring activities undertaken by consortium partners.
- Collaborate with Ministry of Health and other national stakeholders for implementation research design and supervise all study conduct and results synthesis for research.
- Collect lessons learned from programs and collaborate with senior management to assure M&E components are of high quality and improve processes and practices in data analysis.
Qualifications and experience for the position:
- Master’s degree or higher in health, epidemiology or biostatistics or other relevant area
- Over eight years of experience providing technical direction in support of monitoring evaluation and learning activities for project design, implementation, and assessment for health programs, preferably in TB and HIV or health systems strengthening.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in development of M&E tools, data analysis, data use, and assessments.
- Ability to analyze large datasets to extract project insights
- Experience in management role
- Ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful and timely implementation of activities.
- Experience working with USAID-funded monitoring and evaluation systems highly preferred
- Proficiency in data management and analytic software e.g. MS Excel, MS Power BI, Tableau, SAS, SPSS, Stata, or R.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.