Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer
Educo, Legazpi City, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
The MEL Officer reports to the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist. S/he will support all aspects of Educo’s program and project management cycle. The MEL Officer will work closely with Educo’s Country Office teams and Regional Technical Teams to implement the M&E System and to ensure timely implementation, revision and improvement of tools for monitoring, data collection and assessments. S/he will also support the Emergency Response Team during times of emergencies to ensure response and recovery activities are delivered on time, with quality and compliant to humanitarian standards. Office base could be Legazpi or Zamboanga.
- Planning: Provide support during country planning including concept and/or proposal development, particularly in making available needed statistics/information, development of indicators to measure results and impact.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting: Monitor project-level data collection and management ensuring accuracy and conformity with established MEL procedures, formats and other reportorial requirements; Conduct analysis of MEL data to strengthen impact measurements; Maintains the integrity of MEL databases and ensure quality MEL data are available to support the whole project management cycle; Support/conduct project periodic evaluations; Draft/prepare MEL reports, as part of accountability.
- Learning: Guide program staff and partners on the use of MEL systems, processes and tools as well as provide advice on issues related to data quality and compliance to MEL standards and processes; Facilitate/assist in learning and feedbacking sessions to improve learning within projects and the organization; Facilitate learning sessions and workshops on identified good practices and lesson learned
- Knowledge Management: Assist in managing and disseminating knowledge products.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Economics or Statistics is desirable. Graduates of other course may be considered if s/he has the experience and competency requirements of the role. Masters’ Degree is an advantage.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience implementing MEL systems
- Experience in conducting studies, researches and evaluations
- Experience in preparing MEL reports for various audiences
- Experience with developing and managing databases and M&E tools
- Experience in facilitating workshops and learning events
- Experience of working in an international context (advantage)
- Understanding of the importance of MEL in the fullfilment of child rights and human rights
- In-depth knowledge and exposure to development work, data gathering, tool development, and reporting