Description of task
The SI M&E and Reporting Officer (SI-MERO) will be part of a team within the RCO providing technical support to both the RCO and the Recipient UN Organisations (RUNOs) implementing the SI programme, namely: UNICEF, UNFPA, UN Women, and UNDP. S/He will work under the overall guidance of the Head/RCO, and under the direct supervision of the National SI Senior Coordination Officer. The SI-MERO is expected to assist the RUNOs with the development of the M&E log frames, risk logs and to implement a sound internal monitoring system that will capture all aspects of the programme. The SI-MERO will provide timely progress updates to the RCO. In addition, the SI-MERO will work closely with the RUNO’s and RCO M&E staff, to coordinate data collection, provide technical assistance where needed, and ensure that the M&E and Reporting Plan is incorporated into their planning. The SI-MERO, in collaboration with the Senior Coordinator and the RUNO focal points, is the main person responsible for coordinating the establishment and implementation of the project’s monitoring, evaluation, and reporting systems, also working closely with the RCO’s Monitoring, Data and Reporting Officer.
The SI-MERO is further responsible for developing the required SI reports, updates, and progress documents, in line with SI formats/guidelines and standards, as well as working closely with the SI Communications Officer to produce knowledge products for stakeholders. The SI-MERO will form a M&E and Reporting working group with the RUNOs’ focal points to develop the tools and templates for data collection, evaluation and reporting, as well as design the plan for M&E-R activities throughout the project life.
Establishment and ongoing implementation of a standardized project reporting mechanism including effective and timely reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Take the lead in writing the required Project Reports, capturing the project progress against Results Framework; including the documentation of success stories, achievements, lessons learned, risks and issues;
- Take the lead in developing project Updates to donors and stakeholders in a timely manner, using the SI formatting requirements;
- Support the Senior Coordination Officer and Head/RCO, and work closely with the SI Communication Officer and RUNOs to ensure accurate and timely project progress reporting and communication to donors and stakeholders in line with SI requirements.
Capacity building/advisory support to RUNOs and partners to establish an internal Planning and M&E system, facilitating the set-up of progress reports to the RC, RUNOs, EU, GoIRA, and stakeholders.
- Support the RUNOs to identify M&E indicators that measure the social impact of the SI activities;
- Provide capacity building efforts as needed to the RCO and RUNOs to set up a system of internal monitoring and regular and systematic internal data collection to monitor progress and produce internal reports for project management;
- Support the RUNOs to produce required evaluative reports, drawing on KPIs;
- Consult with the RUNOs, in coordination with the Senior Coordination Officer, to assess needs of staff and to organize opportunities for training and education, as appropriate;
Required degree level
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
Educational additional comments
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred, in Monitoring and Evaluation, Social Sciences, Public Administration, or other related fields.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Strong M&E and Results Based Management experience, preferably with UN context;
- Strong knowledge of gender concepts and tools for measuring social change related to gender;
- Proven analytical skills to collect, synthesize, analyse data for compiled analytical reporting writing, including identification of lessons learned and risks/issues;
- Strong report writing skills to internal and external partners;
- Experience in M&E capacity building advisory to stakeholders;
- Leadership qualities, including the ability to motivate others, involve all members of a team, inspire a sense of ownership and responsibility among staff, and elicit consistently high-quality output;
- Ability to quickly adapt to change, and to remain calm under pressure;
- Time management and organizational skills, with the ability to undertake multiple tasks;
- Working experience in hardship post is required;
- Fluent oral and written English is required;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Access etc.);
- Previous work experience in Afghanistan is an asset; including knowledge of Afghanistan’s culture, tradition and Islamic context certainly an advantage;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with sound understanding and capability to empower and develop the capacity of national counterparts;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and excellent command of oral and written English
- English(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge