Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
World Vision, Hargeisa, Somalia
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the position:
This position will report to the M&E Manager and will assist the same in the overall design and implementation of the SomReP monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems and products, specifically data collection, analysis and associated reports. The incumbent will also be responsible for maintenance of the website and all functions associated with the performance of embedded platforms.
- Assist the SomReP M&E Manager by providing technical and surge support to field teams on monitoring and evaluation processes with a particular focus on data collection initiatives and statistical analysis for reporting of program results.
- Assist the SomReP M&E Manager by supporting the use of mobile phone data collection by assisting with training field staff, the creation of questionnaire templates and providing administrative support where necessary.
- Work with SomReP TU GIS Specialist, WV Somalia ICT Team and other TU members to maintain and update the SomReP website and all platforms within, specifically the data catalogue, dashboard.
- Assist the M&E Manager in developing project M&E deliverables, including all elements of survey design, analysis and report writing.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Degree in Statistics, ICT or other any relevant discipline from a recognized institution.
- Experience in design, development and maintenance of XLS-Forms for use in Open Data Kit (ODK)
- Experience in training and support to Digital Data Gathering users, particularly ODK Collect users
- Excellent working knowledge of major databases and analytical programs including MySQL, Visual Basic, MS Access, MS Excel, STATA and SPSS