The UNDP Pakistan is seeking a highly motivated candidate for the post of Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for its Supporting Rule of Law for Peaceful, Just and Inclusive Societies (Amn-o-Insaf) Programme based in Peshawar. Under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager, the candidate will be responsible for the monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the Amn-o-Insaf (AOI) progress results and will work in close collaboration with AOI Programme Specialist, the Democratic Governance Unit (DGU) and Monitoring team in UNDP Country Office in Pakistan.
Amn-o-Insaf provides support to the justice and security sectors in Pakistan. It aims to promote an enabling environment that will deepen the on-going efforts to secure peace and stabilization through greater service delivery and public confidence. The Programme covers both demand and supply sides of the rule of law, justice and security sector. The Programme helps institutional development and capacity development to rule of law, justice and security institutions aimed to ensure effective security services and speedy provision of justice services. The Programme also works in the area of alternative dispute resolution, supporting informal resolution of issues in an equitable and just manner. In doing so, the Programme engages with key stakeholders including Judiciary, Police, Prosecution, Bar Council, Bar Associations, CSOs and other on-going initiatives, including other UNDP projects and UN agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will be responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of the AOI programme and will perform the following functions:
Provide technical support to the programme planning:
- Lead M&E related work of AOI programme;
- Monitor and analyse interventions’ impact and develop related course correction recommendation for AOI programme’s implementation;
- Provide technical inputs to the annual work planning processes, its revision and updating as necessary;
- Review and keep up to date the programme Result Resource Framework and Logical Framework and donor related M&E frameworks;
- Promote understanding of UNDP / AOI and donors monitoring, evaluation and reporting requirements as related to programme implementation;
- Provide M&E related inputs for various projects designs including on programme documents, theory of change and results matrices, as necessary;
- Develop regular reports (monthly, quarterly, and annual reports) for the donors and UNDP CO and ensure timely delivery of all the reporting requirements to the donors and other partners on agreed timelines;
- Provide data analysis and results factual evidence to AOI, UNDP and donor annual results report.
- Effective & efficient monitoring & evaluation of the programme activities;
- Integrate project M&E reporting with the UNDP CO web-based corporate tools;
- Develop monitoring plans for ensuring that activities / events are properly scheduled and carried out in timely manner;
- Contribute to integration of monitoring, evaluation and research for strengthening of evidence generation of impact;
- Collect data from the partner organizations on agreed templates, compile data and analyse data using quantitative and qualitative methods keeping in view Amn-o-Insaf, UNDP and donors’ requirements;
- Assist in evaluation missions, preparation of Terms of Reference, providing inputs in the design of M&E strategy, M&E tools and conducting evaluations.
Documentation of progress, lessons learnt, case studies;
- Assist in tracking the project process (e.g. field monitoring, visit to project sites);
- Assist in the development of case studies / success stories and other communication items;
- Identify and document lessons learned / best practices including critical success factors and opportunities for improvement;
- Keep up to date on programme changes, suggest adaptation strategies and innovative learning approaches for an efficient M&E system.
Contribute to knowledge management:
- Develop and expand knowledge management strategies, products and methodologies;
- Manage the process of identifying and synthesizing of best practices and lessons learned that are directly linked to the monitoring and reporting of programmes and programme planning and contribute to their dissemination.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Monitoring & Evaluation, Social Sciences, or related field. Additional certification in statistics, MIS management and Monitoring and Evaluation will be considered as an asset.
- A minimum of four years of professional experience in the field of rights-based monitoring, evaluation and reporting;
- Experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment programmes or analytic work in gender and development, gender analysis and/or human rights;
- Experience related to UNDP mandate and activities would be an added advantage.
- Experience working in a crisis/conflict area will be an advantage;
- Familiarity with UNDP’s rules and procedures for project/program implementation is an asset;
- Familiarity with UN/UNDP policies, programming frameworks and procedure is an added advantage;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Urdu.