Morombe Field Coordinator
Islamic relief, Madagascar
Closing Date for Applications:
- In Madagascar, the SIF intervention sectors are today clearly at the heart (childhood and food security) and / or at the crossroads (WASH) of the needs of the island's vulnerable populations.
- Since 2009, ensuring food security for the majority of rural populations has been an absolute priority.
- Under the hierarchical responsibility of the Chef de Mission, you will have field teams under your supervision and will be responsible for managing project profiles and all operations on your field. You will notably be responsible for coordinating the implementation of projects and the proper functioning of support services as well as contributing to the development of the Mission's operational strategy.
Your main missions will be divided according to the following methods:
Identify needs and contribute to the development of new projects
Apply to the methodology and the annual intervention strategy defined by the head office.
Supervise diagnostic, monitoring and evaluation missions.
Coordinate the execution of projects
- Coordinate the implementation of projects in the Morombe area taking into account the logical framework, the budget and the recommendations from the support services.
- Supervise the entire project cycle by setting up and using monitoring tools, presence in the field, meeting deadlines and monitoring the budget.
- Identify the security measures specific to the activities for the SIF teams as well as for the beneficiaries.
- Ensure the technical capitalization as well as the dissemination of information to the technical teams of the mission and to headquarters.
Human resources management
- Direct manager of project and support managers.
- Participate in the recruitment of human resources: develop and correct tests, prepare and conduct interviews.
- briefing, planning, monitoring, coaching, performance interview, strengthening of technical knowledge.
- Manage the budgets of your base: regular monitoring of the state of expenses compared to allocated budgets and programmatic forecasts.
- Prepare the planning of the expenses, the plan and the requests of cash of your ground.
- Determine the budgetary adjustments necessary for the programs.
- Plan the use of vehicles and tracking trips.
- Supervise the proper management of local contracts.
- Participate in the development of the mission's purchasing plan and according to the purchasing thresholds and procedures.
- Represent the SIF within the framework of the implementation of activities, with operational partners, local and regional authorities.
- Prepare monthly activity reports for the Head of Mission and ad hoc reports.
- Participate in the definition of procedural policies ensuring the protection of SIF personnel and property.
- Suggest, if necessary, updates to the security plan.
The list of missions is evolving according to the needs of the organization, non-exhaustive and non-limiting. The employee may be required to carry out other missions related to his qualification.
- You have significant training or experience in the field of humanitarian and development project management.
- You have field experience in NGOs or in an equivalent structure of at least 3 years in project and / or support coordination.
- With a good analytical capacity, stress management, priorities, you are rigorous and organized.
- You know how to adapt quickly to the constraints of the activity and be reactive and open-minded.
- You are a leader and have the ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team and a concern for exemplarity. You master office tools, and have an excellent writing level.
- Experience or knowledge in SAME, Childhood, Emergency and WASH projects would be a plus.