MRRM Project Assistant Community, Engagement and Communications Assistant
CTG Global, Tripoli, Libya
Closing Date for Applications:
Overview of position
Under the overall supervision of the Project Manager (PM) and direct supervision of the Communication Officer (CM), the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for assisting the CM and PM on a wide-range of issues associated with implementation of the Migrant Resource and Response Mechanism (MRRM) related activities to community engagement and awareness raising in Tripoli and the field including but not limited to Zwara, Bani Waleed, Sebha and Gatroun.
Support in the organization of community-based activities that promote to the Community Engagement and Two-Way Communications between migrants and host community including organization of community events, focus group discussions and recreational activities.
- In coordination with the CM, disseminate the information of awareness raising activities.
- Support in the coordination, implementation and monitoring of relevant dissemination activities in target communities, building upon a network of local and International Non-Governmental Organisation (NGOs), and community leaders;
- Support in the field activities reporting and send regular updates as requested by the supervisor.
- Support the CM and PM in the development of partnerships with local actors including local government actors, embassies and other UN and I/NGOs partners working in these locations to maintain proper coordination of the activities implemented and avoid any duplication and to facilitate any referrals for support.
- Support the MRRM media and communication assistant in preparing the visibility materials and collect all the photos of relevant activities, including the interest stories and quotes from the beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
- Promote gender mainstreaming throughout activities, addressing protection, social, environmental and other relevant cross-cutting concerns
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
This role reports to MRRM Communication Officer
- University degree in any relevant major related to the above fields.
- • 2 years of relevant experience in the field of humanitarian assistance or community-based activities. Experience in local AOR is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of the broad range of migration related issues in Libya
- Creative and solution oriented.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office tools.