PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Support the implementation of communication and public engagement plans for awareness, brand promotion and understanding of the work of World Vision International in Haiti. The incumbent develops content for internal and external audiences through graphic design, video and photography. This includes working and promoting, through communication material, the mission, vision, strategic objectives, impact and core values of the organization as a whole, applying its experience and creative artistic abilities to meet or anticipate communication and audience engagement needs.
Public and donor commitment:
- Document the activities, achievements and needs of each program (PZ and others), through the production of high quality child-focused stories, photos and videos that will convey the message of 'transformation' and motivate and retain donor support.
- Collaborate with the Coordinator and program staff in researching and preparing communications and marketing resources that communicate and position the Ministry of World Vision Haiti to key audiences including local, national and international audiences in an effective manner , churches, NGOs, the WV Partnership, the World Vision Haiti Board, and key support offices.
- Work with the team to develop creative multimedia scenarios
- Coordinate audio and video recording during events, institutional visits and on site, as required. Take photos / videos during internal events
- Maintain an organized archive of video and audio files - raw footage, music, stock images and videos, brand assets, end products and all related and signed release forms.
- Support the Communications Department in the implementation of the internal communications strategy that positions World Vision as a leading development, relief and advocacy agency. Support programs and internal staff to meet their communications needs through organizing events, developing marketing / promotional materials and participating and reporting on activities and projects
- Support WVH in program information.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Combined university degree or accredited training / equivalent experience in a related field
- University degree in a related field such as communication, marketing and journalism
- At least 3 years of experience in writing, photography and videography and editing, article writing, marketing
- 1-3 years experience working in a PZ and / or community development in rural areas
- Experience working with media and internal staff.
- Experience working in fragile states and post-conflict areas.
- Licenses, registrations or certifications required to occupy this position:
- Excellent writing skills including drafting, compilation of textual material, appropriate online content, report preparation, briefing reports
- Excellent analytical skills / problem solving skills and attention to detail in the development of written materials
- Fluency in Creole, French and English (oral and written) Spanish is a plus
- Ability to express ideas, thoughts and concepts in a simple and clear manner.
- Proficient in computers, social media tools, Microsoft Office suite, Adobe suite, intranet and Internet, and various software applications and databases commonly used in the workspace
Preferred skills, knowledge and experience:
- Advanced knowledge of the Office suite and Adobe graphics software
- Minimum 2 years of proven experience in producing communication packages in the NGO sector and managing media relations