NATIONAL CONSULTANT - GENDER SENIOR SPECIALIST
United Nations Development Programme(UNDP), Jakarta, Indonesia
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Propose and draft an outline for the stakeholder mapping analysis that includes methods, steps, and detailed activities;
- Review and analyze relevant policies, laws, regulations and guidelines that discuss and/or promote full, inclusive and effective participation within the country;
- Conduct a brief desk review on the roles of women, in indigenous and local communities, in the forest sector within the country, in order to give context to the analysis and the gender dynamics within the country;
- As the mapping analysis will cover the whole country, the consultant may undertake field work to gather information. The exact location and timing of the fieldwork will depend upon the preliminary analylsis undertaken by the consultant, but it is likely that at least one week will be spent in at least three locations: Papua, Nusa Tenggara Timor, Sumatra. Field work will involve engaging with NGOs and CSOs, academic institutions, and other relevant institutions;
- Compile a detailed report on the findings, detailing the stakeholders and their work, at national and levels;
- Investigate and report on any capacity building needs or other barriers of the identified stakeholders in actively participating in matters related to REDD+, including decision making processes;
- Development of a draft framework, including suggestive gender sensitive indicators, for collecting data on the effectiveness of the full, inclusive and effective stakeholder participation in REDD+;
- Identify possible opportunities for knowledge sharing, synergies and partnerships with the stakeholders identified in the analysis to help facilitate gender sensitive REDD+.
- Workplan submitted, including a detailed outline and methodology for the stakeholder mapping analysis and timeline and proposed sites for fieldwork;
- Draft of stakeholder analysis finished and submitted for supervisor and peer review. Final draft of stakeholder analysis submitted for supervisor’s review;
- Report on support provided to UNORCID and BP REDD+ in designing, facilitating and implementing meetings/roundtable discussions/workshops as part of broader gender mainstreaming in REDD+ activities. A proof that these works and discussions has contributed a shared information in the the stakeholder analysis;
- Report on presentation of stakeholder analysis delivered at the UNORCID Dialogue Series event. It includes collection of feedback from participants, preparation of report from event, and incorporation of feedback into final draft of stakeholder mapping analysis report.
- A Master degree in social science, environmental sciences or another REDD related subjects.
- At least 5 (five) years;
- Draft of stakeholder analysis finished and submitted for supervisor and peer review;
- Final draft of stakeholder analysis submitted for supervisor’s review. in environmental services, REDD+, Climate Change or sustainable management of natural resources relevant roles;
- Experience in REDD+ and environmental sciences related research;
- Good inter-personal skills and oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent writting skills in English, some understanding or willingness to learn Indonesia is desirable;
- Proven experience in delivering high quality written communications.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia is a must.