National Consultant: Nutrition
Closing Date for Applications:
How can you make a difference?
- The consultant will mainly support nutrition interventions prioritized in the MOH-UNICEF rolling workplan for 2021-2022 including Integrated Early Childhood Development (IECD) interventions. Specifically, the consultant will provide technical support to PHDs/ODs in North East provinces to 1) support implementation and use of Interpersonal Communication (IPC) and counselling tools including MIYCN in the context of COVID 19 (2) support implementation of GMP, child development milestones tracking in partnership with INGO, (3) support use of IECD related training materials and job aids and facilitate capacity building of IECD service providers, (54 provide technical support on quality and coverage improvement plans to comprehensive nutrition program (MIYCN, SAM, Micronutrients) and support capacity building and use of HMIS data tools for the new nutrition indicators related to SAM.
- The consultant will closely work with the National Nutrition Program at National Maternal and Child Health Center (NMCHC) and with Provincial Health Departments and districts at subnational level. He/she will engage with INGOs and relevant UNICEF sections for tasks related to IECD interventions.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- University degree in Nutrition, public health with experience on nutrition program management
- A minimum of three years of experience in health and nutrition program management including experience at national and subnational levels.
- Familiarity with multidimensional nutrition programming through all life cycles.
- Relevant experience in development of job aids and tools in health/nutrition program.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills in both English and Khmer.
- Excellent communication in English and Khmer, coordination and facilitation skills.
- Experience in the Cambodian context and within mother and child nutrition.
- Fluency in English and Khmer