OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The Department of Supply aims to ensure high-quality, consistent and responsive supply services through a collaborative approach to procurement hence supporting an efficient delivery of WHO programmes. The WHO Global Service Centre (GSC) provides administrative services to all staff and all WHO Offices worldwide in respect of human resources, payroll, procurement, accounts payable and support of specific corporate IT applications. The aim of the Centre is to serve as the global processing platform for the swift and reliable delivery of a comprehensive array of products and services covering all of these fields. The Global Procurement and Logistics unit (GPL) provides order processing services to all WHO Offices worldwide in respect of procurement and logistics management of both goods and services.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Reporting to the Team lead of the Global Processing Team (National Professional Officer, NOC), the incumbent manages and coordinates the activities of a Global Processing team responsible for operations to process Goods and Services procurement requisitions from different WHO offices and partner organizations in compliance with WHO procurement rules and regulations. His/her duties include:
Managing a team by planning, coordinating and overseeing the execution of service provision covering the transactional aspects of procurement and logistics management.
- Regularly reviewing procedures and performance statistics of the team and the individual staff within it, with an aim to continuously providing a high level of services to clients.
- Analysing and reporting on all aspects of relevant performance information.
Optimizing staff performance through motivation, work load management, work flow improvement and the creation of a professional transaction processing environment in order to provide service-oriented, responsive and reliable delivery of services.
- Preparing strategic and operation proposals to maintain and improve the efficiency, effectiveness and economic level of services provided by the team.
- Ensuring the staff within the team receive the required relevant training to complete their functions. Informing the team of any standards, best practices or guidelines they should apply in carrying out their functions and ensure that the staff are up-to-date on the latest versions of the same.
- Facilitating the implementation of policy changes and participating in the analysis and implementation of supporting tools.
- Establishing and maintaining good relations with suppliers, shipping brokers or agents, as well as with staff in GSC, Headquarters, regional offices or country offices and partner organizations.
- Performing other duties as required.
- First university degree in procurement, public administration or business administration, or related field.
- Advanced university degree in procurement.
- A recognized professional qualification in Procurement such as CIPS.
- At least 2 years of experience in procurement operations in a supervisory and/or project leading role within a large company or organization.
- Experience using Oracle or a similar ERP system.
- Previous experience in procurement or logistics areas in WHO or UN agency.
- Experience in a shared services centre.
- Excellent knowledge of procurement processes.
- Demonstrated ability to act independently and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to work closely in harmony with international officials at all levels.
- Ability to work as a leader as well as member of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Thorough knowledge of administrative, financial and management principles and practices.
- Proven skills in project planning.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Use of Language Skills
- Expert knowledge of English.