National Programme Officer/Head of Migrants Assistance
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Office at New Delhi and overall supervision of the DG’s Special Envoy to India the incumbent will be responsible for planning and implementation of all Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration AVRR projects in India, oversee the Canadian movements, facilitate the return of stranded and vulnerable migrants and victims of trafficking from India and manage in-country the cultural orientation (global programmes) programs. The incumbent will be the primary focal point for all IOM sending missions, relevant embassies and High Commissions in India as well as with relevant entities within the Government of India. S/he will coordinate the outward movements with the UNHCR and IOM Nepal as required.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Manage timely and efficient implementation of the programmatic, administrative and operational activities of all migrant assistance programmes of the mission;
- Identify new project opportunities consistent with IOM’s strategy and mandate in india and facilitate development of new projects in coordination with the HOO.
- Promote and sustain close collaboration and working arrangements with relevant stakeholders such as Government entities, Embassies/High Commissions, UN, and INGOs to enhance project’s effectiveness and ensure timely processing of assistance.
- Facilitate timely collection of travel documents and proper hand over to the applicants traveling to different countries under resettlement programme.
- Undertake periodic monitoring visits and facilitate external visits and evaluation as required by the sending missions and suggest remedial measures.
- Prepare reports for the donors/sending missions on programme delivery, including interim and final reports on budgetary expenditure and results as required.
- Ensure programmes database is updated and maintained regularly by the project staff.
- Ensure that the personal information and records of the beneficiaries are maintained in a the most careful manner and in line with IOM’s data protection principles.
- In coordination with the HOO, recruit and train the staff on guidelines and IOM principles for effective implementation of the work of the Unit
- Ensure timely disbursement of reintegration assistance to the returnees duly coordinated with resources management staff and track the financial data and reports for reconciliation.
- Organize counseling service as proposed by the sending Missions in coordination with related Government officials, civil organizations and medical units
- Oversee the organization of logistics, finance, administration matters for various programmatic meetings, workshops, seminars, trainings and conferences.
- Ensure that transporters, airline companies, operational contractors, immigration, airport and other responsible authorities are advised on all movements under IOM auspices.
- Negotiate with transport providers to ensure low cost, effective, convenient and safe transport of refugees and migrants.
- Serve as the Mission’s Security Focal Person, prepare, maintain and update IOM India security and contingency plans (including BCP), in accordance with IOM Safety/Security policy and any other UNDSS security directive. This includes conducting office security surveys and recommending physical security measures for the office.
- Ensure security training is provided to the all IOM staff in the country, to include the provision of security briefings to IOM staff visiting the country on Mission.
- Undertake duty travel relating to project/programme assessment, problem-solving and programme development, as required.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor