National Programme Policy Officer
World Food Programme, Erbil, Iraq
Closing Date for Applications:
The incumbent will be responsible for the implementation and further expansion of Resilience Building interventions, mainly Food for Assets (FFA) implemented by WFP Iraq in partnership with a wide array of stakeholders. The incumbent will report directly to the Food for Assets (FFA) Activity Manager based in Baghdad, under the overall guidance of the Head of Unit of Resilience Building. The Programme Policy Officer (NOA) will be based in the Erbil Area Office with regular travel on missions to inside Iraq.
- Contribute to the strategic planning and management of Resilience Building programmes, mainly Food for Assets (FFA) interventions implemented in the areas covered by the Erbil Area Office.
- Identify new partnership opportunities to scale up resilience building/FFA interventions with national and international NGOs, UN sister agencies, government counterparts, academic institutions and other relevant stakeholders including private sector.
- Liaise and maintain strong communication and coordination with government stakeholders, cooperating partners, UN agencies, and others organization (I/NGO) for the purpose of harmonization and coordination of Food for Assets (FFA) interventions.
- Maintain close engagement with cooperating partners to oversee their performance in compliance with WFP programmatic and financial requirements. Troubleshoot and resolve operational issues as they arise and report any significant issues which could impede implementation and report critical issues in a timely manner to supervisor.
- With guidance from FFA Activity Manager, provide technical guidance and support to relevant field office staff on the planning, implementation and monitoring of FFA activities.
- Plan, coordinate and track Cash Based Transfers under FFA activities implemented in Iraq in line with the distribution plans.
- Undertake regular field visits to programme districts and ensure that programme activities are implemented according to the agreed standards and prescribed guidelines. Organize and carry out joint field visits with government, partners, donors and concerned stakeholders.
- Monitor all aspects of projects implementation progress, level of realization verses project objectives, reporting and invoicing including quality of the project standards.
- Represent WFP in relevant cluster meetings and all other relevant coordination meetings.
- Perform other duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- First Level (Bachelor) or Advanced University Degree (Master) in Development Studies, International Development, Agricultural Economics, Environmental Science, Natural Resources Management, Business Administration or relevant Social Sciences field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in development work, preferably with specialized experience in managing resilience and livelihood projects. At least 2 years of experience in managing a team in the context of programme coordination and implementation.
Languages: Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic (level C) is a must. Kurdish language skills are an asset.