SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES
Under the authority of the Director of UNESCO's multisectoral regional office for West Africa (Sahel), the direct supervision of the ED Project Manager based in Bamako and the guidance of the Principal Project Manager based at the Regional Office of UNESCO for West Africa (Sahel) in Dakar, the incumbent will be responsible for the management, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project "Strengthen the teaching in the G5 Sahel ”financed by the European Union and intervening on the improvement of the management and governance of teachers as well as on the reinforced and more inclusive initial training of teachers and their continuing professional development, while aiming to improve gender balance in the teaching profession in Mali.More specifically, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
Ensure the implementation of the project in accordance with the specific objectives of the project, the activities and the expected results at the national level:
- Contribute to the development of the detailed work plan of the project, ensure its relevance to the national context, and ensure its implementation.
- Contribute to the drafting of the terms of reference necessary for the award of contracts and contribute to the evaluation of the quality of the services provided.
Ensure the monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of activities and the preparation of project activity reports at the national level:
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of activities, report on progress and performance, and provide necessary updates.
- Contribute to the establishment of the technical committee and organize the working sessions of this committee.
- Provide information on the major achievements of the project at national level, stages and levels of implementation in order to ensure visibility and support accountability in its implementation.
Ensure the link with the Ministries in charge of Education, decision-makers and stakeholders at the national level:
- Identify the relevant institutions and organizations and obtain their participation and commitment in the project activities and maintain close contacts with decision-makers and national stakeholders (Ministries, Decentralized Authorities, etc.), the European Union delegation, the Partnership Framework , the working groups of the United Nations cooperation framework for sustainable development (UNSDCF) and the cluster on education in emergency situations of the Partnership Framework of the Ministries in charge of Education and Vocational Training.
- Provide technical support on management and governance, and teacher training to ministries in charge of education from central to deconcentrated level.
- Ensure the sharing of international experiences and facilitate access to information, knowledge and good practices.
- Represent UNESCO in the appropriate coordination frameworks at the national level.
Ensure communication and give visibility to the project at the national level:
- Contribute to the implementation of the project's communication and visibility plan.
- Prepare technical notes and updates on the status of the project for dissemination at the national level and contribute to the preparation of technical note on the teaching issue of regional and global scope.
- Organize communication events (seminars, webinars and workshops) and liaise with local media.
- Advanced university degree (master's or equivalent degree) in the field of education, social sciences, economics or other related field.
- At least 4 years of relevant professional experience, with progressive responsibility, in the field of education.
- Proven professional experience on issues relating to the development and implementation of teaching policies (training, management, etc.).
- Experience in the implementation of projects and programs with government partners and civil society.
Know-how and skills
- Ability to manage budgets, participate in the monitoring and evaluation of projects and report on their implementation.
- Good understanding of the education context in the country and the challenges.
- Ability to provide policy advice on the teaching issue.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with national / local authorities, relevant institutions, intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations.
- Ability to work effectively and maintain effective working relationships in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to handle heavy workloads and meet tight deadlines, paying close attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of office software (MS Word, Excel, powerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent knowledge of French.