NFI Field Coordinator
World Vision, Yumbe, Uganda
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the position:
To provide technical management, Coordination and supervision of the distribution activities at Camp settlement level with a view to ensure quality NFI programming, systems and procedures and accountability within the framework of World Vision, Partner and Donor standards and guidelines and the sphere standards
NFI Distribution Planning, Mobilization and Sensitization:
- Take lead in conducting sensitizations at Settlement level; mobilization and sensitization, mop up exercise
- In liaison with the Field Monitors, plan and implement the beneficiary sensitization in close collaboration with Assistant Settlement Commandants (OPM) and donor representatives;
- In liaison with the Field Monitor, prepare distribution plan and share with UNHCR and OPM
- Attend Inter Agency meetings to give feedback and progress reports on NFIs
- Ensure FMs share beneficiary list with Community members for beneficiaries to view and raise any issues arising at least 3 days before the distribution day;
- In liaison with the Field Monitors, ensure that complain cases are compiled, verified and forwarded to the Project Manager for sharing with OPM and UNHCR
- Together with Settlement Commandants, and UNHCR Protection officer ensure that all complaints relating to NFI distributions are addressed in a timely manner.
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting
- Timely preparation of incident report in case of any loss
- Close monitoring and supervision of Field Monitors and Distribution assistants
- Ensure proper management of NFI stock and balance
- Ensure control and management of NFI mini store for only stock returns
NFI Distribution Activities
- Conduct distribution in compliance with WV and donor guidelines and standards;
- Ensure commodity release from the warehouse is done using the approved documentation (approved CRI request note);
- Ensure there is good coordination between warehouse and field teams during dispatch of NFI commodities;
- Supervise FM to ensure that all NFI’s arriving at the NFI distribution point are properly accounted for and properly documented; Supervise FM and ensure that NFI are stacked in an organized manner which facilitates easier counting and distribution;
- Ensure all balances are returned to the warehouse using a goods return note to the Store
- Ensure while NFI’s are loaded on the Trucks are of the correct quality
- Hold monthly meetings with you FM and DA
- Supervise FM and ensure that they conduct pre-distribution meeting to sensitize and inform beneficiaries about NFI ration, and any other issues to be communicated to them. Give beneficiaries an opportunity to ask question for clarification;
- Supervise and advise the FMs in order to ensure that appropriate crowd control measures are in place at the distribution point at all times;
- Supervise FM, DA and ensure that all beneficiaries are processed to receive NFI’s; Supervise and advice the FM in order to ensure that there is orderly lining, receiving NFI and sharing of NFI
Distribution of Materials
- Ensure FMs provide proper accountability of NFI’s distributed at the distribution point;
- Ensure that FM, prepare all necessary forms related to NFI distribution
- Review all forms and reports including the beneficiary distribution list to ensure that they are completely filled and are accurate and approved by relevant staff;
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development studies/Social sciences discipline or any other related field is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years relevant technical and business work experience.
- Strong background in Humanitarian coordination with prior experience implementing UN funding.
- Ability to work in a team to achieve excellence in execution, committed, accountable and passionate about the work we do.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS word, excel and Access)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake high-level representation with donors, and government officials.
- Experience delivering results and multitasking
- Demonstrated expertise in fostering program learning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience of working in the field (communities)
- Knowledge of project management and project cycles
- Additional professional qualifications
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and, in the field, and work in hard-to-reach area- Yumbe