Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.MSF is advertising for the following position:
NURSE SPECIALIST SUPERVISOR
Defining, coordinating and monitoring all care and medical related activities in the project and ensuring the daily management of the human resources, according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures, in order to warrant efficiency , quality and continuity of prescribed care.
- Planning and organizing all medical related activities (mobile clinics, HP, MH, SRH data collection, reporting etc) and participating in the definition of annual planning and update of its associated budget in order to efficiently maintain the continuity of the standard quality healthcare.
- If needed, being responsible for scheduling duty rosters, shifts and on call of nursing staff. Assign duties and coordinate nursing service.
- Coordinating and supervising the implementation of the MSF and National therapeutic protocols, procedures and standards, depending on project objectives (IEC, SGBV, MH services, etc.) and providing technical support when needed to ensure the quality of the medical care, confidentiality and information traceability, patient surveillance, and the application of the therapeutic and sterilization rules by the health care personnel.
- Ensuring all administrative procedures and documents (individual patient’s card and registration book, discharge paper, transfer paper, etc.) and existing data management tools are used correctly.
- Observe nursing care and visits patients (check that nursing care is carried out as directed, treatment administered in accordance with physician's instructions).
- Instruct preparation and maintenance of patients' clinical records.
- Ensure controlled drugs are properly stored, administered and ordered.
- Monitor the use of diagnostic services, in-patient beds and facilities to ensure effective use of resources.
- According to MSF protocols and in collaboration with the Pharmacist, PMR and Medco, supervising the distribution (according to medical prescriptions) and the management of the medical equipment and pharmacy activity, preparing new orders when required, supervising expiration terms and consumption patterns, in order to ensure its rational use and that pharmacy stock levels are permanently updated and above minimum safety point.
- In close coordination with the HR department, planning and supervising the associated processes (recruitment, training, evaluation, development and communication) of the nursing staff of the project in order to improve staff capabilities and ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required. Training nursing staff on PTE.
Requirements for the position:
Education: Essential nursing diploma for general or specialized health services (Bachelor in science of Nursing Desirable). Specialization or training in tropical medicine would be an asset.
- Essential working experience of at least two years in nursing activities related jobs.
- Desirable having worked in pharmacy management.
- MSF experience is an asset.