FHI 360, Arusha, Tanzania
Closing Date for Applications:
Office Assistant will perform a wide variety of general office/administrative support functions with relatively close supervision to ensure office processes run smoothly.
Specific duties include:
- Run external and internal errands and perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Perform internal messenger services as requested/required
- As required assist with logistical arrangements for meetings in the office including room and equipment set up/refreshments, preparing and serving coffee and tea for visitors.
- Ensure that office equipment such as printers, copy machines, fax machine remain operational (clearing jams, adding toner.) Check equipment daily &reporting any issues.
- Perform general office duties (e.g., maintenance, cleanliness, ensuring office has no water leaks, ensuring there is no dust around the office). Specifically:
- Sweep and clean office floors daily before staff arrive at the office. Also mop, dust, and polish surfaces.
- Clean reception areas; dust/wipe and clean office desks/tables, chairs and other office furniture on regular basis.
- Clean doors, windows and office to maintain cleanliness.
- Clean and disinfect restrooms/toilets including sinks/basins and taps twice a day.
- Ensure the kitchen is clean, tidy and orderly at all times
- Report any maintenance issues such as leaking taps or wash basins/sinks
- Wash all dishes, plates and utensils in the kitchen clean and stored hygienically and safely away.
- Maintain stock of kitchen utensils (cups and saucers, boiling kettles, spoons, serving trays, plates).
- Check daily usage of cleaning supplies and makes sure that stocks are kept at minimum levels; and notify/report when are running low
- Empty all trash bins and make sure that garbage is properly disposed
- As and when needed provide support in document preparation e.g. photocopying, scanning, duplicating and binding.
- Close all office windows and all doors and ensure lights are turned off at the end of day.
- Monitor levels of drinking water and notify Supervisor accordingly
- Report any theft, breakage or missing items to Supervisor