Officer in charge of training
UNOPS, Central African Republic
Closing Date for Applications:
- Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Operations, Officer in Charge of Training in the Management of Weapons and Ammunition (GAM) will also be one of the main operational and technical contact point for the management of ammunition and weapons for the program.
- Officer in charge of training in the management of weapons and ammunition (GAM) of the project concerned contributes to the reinforcement of the capacities of management and storage of weapons and ammunition.
- As a technical advisor on arms and ammunition, he / she will be advised for the destruction, verification and management of surplus stocks.
- Its responsibilities also include supporting the establishment of viable and sustainable arms and ammunition management structures within the defense and security forces of the Central African Republic.
- Provide all training related to Weapons and Ammunition Management (GAM).
- Prepare reports in collaboration with the project program officer.
- Manage training sessions for the operational, administrative and control part. for the benefit of the Internal Security Forces (FSI) which it is responsible for training.
- Participate / perform assurance and quality checks.
- Consolidate and provide data to the training information management system.
- Participate / conduct / monitor risk management surveys (risk analysis, risk assessment and risk reduction) on ammunition and weapons storage areas.
- In support of the civil engineer, contribute / provide technical advice on the rehabilitation and construction of weapons and ammunition depots.
- Contribute to proposals / projects on national regulations / standards Management of Weapons and Ammunition (GAM).
- Review AMM related work plans and demands, particularly with respect to disposal of obsolete ammunition in stockpile.
- Work in close cooperation with all stakeholders and partners in the Central African Republic, the Internal Security Forces (ISF) as a priority involved in GAM activities.
- Provide relevant information on achievements and challenges to the Operations Manager, Program Manager.
- Notify the Operations Manager of any breach by the Internal Security Forces (ISF) participating in the various training courses offered.
- Participate in any commission of inquiry requested by the Operations Manager.
- Any other task identified by the Operations Manager.
- Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) with at least 5 years of relevant experience; or
- Undergraduate university degree (bachelor's or equivalent) with at least 7 years of relevant experience; or
- Military experience (or relevant police experience) at the senior non-commissioned or officer level (or equivalent) with at least 11 years of relevant experience.
- Military certification as an Ammunition Management Technical Officer issued by a recognized institution is required.
- Relevant experience is defined as that in the field of weapons management.
- At least 2 years of experience as a trainer in the field of weapons management is required.
- French (fluently read, written and spoken) is required.
- English (read, written and spoken) is an asset.