Under the overall leadership and guidance of the United Nations Country Team (UNCT), the Operations Management Team (OMT) endeavours to facilitate the implementation of Delivery as One (DaO) by harmonizing operational policies of UN agencies, funds and programs in India. Moreover, the OMT proposes and implements inter-agency initiatives to ensure the quality of support services, while utilizing resources effectively.
Within this context, the OMT has decided to adopt and implement UN Development Group’s (UNDG) results-based framework to enhance the planning, monitoring and management of the UNCT’s business operations and support to program delivery. This Business Operations Strategy (BOS) outlines the UNCT priorities in the field of common operations. The BOS aims to improve the quality, timeliness and cost-effectiveness of the UN’s support to program delivery. To facilitate the initiation, monitoring and implementation of the Operations Management Team Coordination Officer (OMT Coordination Officer will work under supervision of Chair of OMT and will be engaged in supporting day to day operational matters of OMT and its working groups. The person will be responsible to undertake functions related to coordination of data collection and analysis, interpretation and implementation of BOS support activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
Under the direct supervision of the Chair of OMT, the OMT Coordination Officer will support the OMT and RCO with day-to-day coordination with counterparts to advance the DaO agenda.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordination and support the preparation of the Business Operations Strategy:
- Coordinate the implementation of the BOS activities through data collection and analysis and timely information sharing with BOS taskforce and OMT and its Working Groups;
- Provide the BOS taskforce with required data for developing BOS and working closely with OMT and its Working Groups and provide administrative support for the successful preparation of the BOS;
- Work with the OMT and its Working Group Chairpersons to make sure the adequate administrative support is provided for the timely delivering of the agency /inter-agency inputs for the different BOS processes;
- Coordinate capacity building workshops pertaining to development of BOS at different stages.
Maintain a fully functional Secretariat for the OMT:
- Supporting the coordination of planning process; budget monitoring; operations coordination; reporting; and documentation.
- Regularly update the LTA database and HR roster within the relevant systems;
- Participate in the meetings and support OMT, OMT Working Groups and BOS taskforce Committee as necessary;
- Update the OMT and OMT working groups’ progress and minutes of the meetings in OMT records; and
- Undertake any other activities assigned by the Chair of the OMT.
Support the RCO with day-to-day coordination with counterparts to advance the DaO agenda:
- Coordinate between UN Agencies, Government and relevant counterparts to promote a One UN approach towards programme and operational coordination;
- Support the RCO with piloting innovative tools that will enhance operational coordination;
- Supports the roll out of existing initiatives that support the DaO agenda;
Support OMT and its Working Groups on common services for the designated service line(s):
- Support conducting assessment of the BOS implementation, results and existing common services and identify areas where these services can be improved, and costs reduced;
- Monitor the implementation and progress of work plans, identify constraints/delays and bring to the attention of OMT Chair.
- Maintain the information flow at all classification levels within the OMT and initiate follow-up actions.
- Supported communication efforts in the One UN Knowledge Exchange Network on Yammer platform for OMT by posting up to date information to the different sections when needed.
- Maintained system-wide contacts on the coordination of matters related to day-to-day operations.
- Act as UN focal point for CANZA facilities and Protocol II (MEA);
- Assist in carrying out UN surveys related to the OMT.
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of Bachelors degree in Business or Public Administration, Commerce, Economics, Political or Social Sciences.
- Master’s degree will be distinct advantage in Business or Public Administration, Commerce, Economics, Political or Social Sciences.
- At least 3 years’ experience in providing strong coordination, administrative and operational support.
- Proven ability to work independently
- Evidence of strong research and analytical skills.
- Usage of computers and office software package (MS Word, Excel etc.) and knowledge of database packages and experience in handling of web based management systems is preferred.
- A consistent track record of self-motivation and achievement
- Prior experience with the UN system (with a specific focus on experience with the OMT) would be considered an advantage
- Demonstrated capacity to undertake assigned responsibilities and work under pressure.
- A team player with excellent inter-personal skills
Language Requirements: Fluency in English with excellent written and oral communication skills is essential.