In 2018, BRH has launched a regional project on “Promoting a fair business environment in ASEAN” (2018-2021) targeting 6 countries: Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand and Viet Nam. The multi-year regional project- Promoting a fair business environment in ASEAN is carried out by UNDP in cooperation with the British government and aims to promote fair, transparent and predictable business environments by working with both governments and the private sector in a collaborative manner.In 2018, BRH has launched a regional project on “Promoting a fair business environment in ASEAN” (2018-2021) targeting 6 countries: Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand and Viet Nam. The multi-year regional project- Promoting a fair business environment in ASEAN is carried out by UNDP in cooperation with the British government and aims to promote fair, transparent and predictable business environments by working with both governments and the private sector in a collaborative manner.
UNDP’s ‘Promoting a Fair Business Environment in ASEAN’ project
In Asia and the Pacific, UNDP is increasingly requested to provide support services to governments and private sector on developing transparent and accountable solutions that contribute to sustainable development in the region. These services are part of UNDP’s Bangkok Regional Hub’s signature solutions on good governance and partnerships with the private sector to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work:
- The consultant will provide support in online course development, web development, web design, IT and knowledge management, as part of UNDP’s Promoting a Fair Business Environment in ASEAN project and UNDP’s Anti-Corruption for Peaceful and Inclusive Societies (ACPIS) Global Project.
- Working with the FairBiz team and global ACPIS team, the consultant will package learning materials to develop online learning modules, provide web development support in maintaining and managing the web-portal and is operations, revise website content and draft webpages, provide web development and design support for advocacy, communications and knowledge management, as needed.
Expected Outputs and Deliverables:
The consultant will support the online course development and other web-management tasks, including:
- Packaging learning materials into interactive, self-paced online modules in collaboration with Knowledge Management and Coordination Specialist, in consultation with the wider teams,
- Maintaining and managing the web-portal and its operations (WordPress-based),
- Developing and maintaining web platforms/applications for online courses,
- Reviewing and revising website content,
- Drafting webpages,
- Supporting advocacy and communications through social media, etc.,
- Other web portal related tasks, as assigned by the team.
Required Skills and Experience
The consultant should possess the following expertise and qualifications:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in information and technology, computer science and engineering, economics, political science, development studies or international affairs, public administration/policy, and journalism/communications.
- Proven experience in the graphic design and technical implementation of user interfaces in a web-based environment.
- Proven experience in using or creating Learning Management Systems and interactive, self-paced online courses;
- Proven experience in working with Content Management Systems (WordPress preferred);
- Experience in working with SQL Databases is desirable;
- Knowledge in web application programming in PHP and Python is desirable;
- Experience in ensuring operational functioning of websites and drafting of different communication materials;
- Computer literacy in standard office software applications;
- Experience in development, governance or anti-corruption is desirable.
- Excellent English language skills;
- Knowledge of other UN official language is an asset.