International Bureau for Children's Rights, Montreal, Canada
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the responsibility of the operations and programs management, the incumbent assumes the coordination of operations and ensures quality monitoring of national and international projects according to the requirements of donors and the policies and procedures of the IBCR . The operations coordinator ensures the management of the teams at headquarters and the project managers in the field, the management of financial resources and relations with donors and the various partners within the framework of the programs under their responsibility . The incumbent ensures that activities are aligned with the strategic plan and must be able to complete assignments for short periods, which may represent up to around 25% of their schedule.
Orientations and strategies
- Support program management in defining a strategic vision to improve planning and the quality of project monitoring and implementation
- Ensure that program and project activities are aligned with the strategic plan and priority areas of the IBCR
- Analyze and support the development possibilities of new projects in innovative sectors according to the recommendations of the project managers and share them with the program management
- Participate in the development of project proposals in collaboration with the person in charge of development, other coordinations and project managers, and give the necessary recommendations
- Actively participate in meetings of the extended management committee and in all strategic meetings requested by the program management
- If necessary, support the Programs Directorate in negotiating memoranda of understanding between donors or partners and the IBCR.
- Ensure the supervision and coordination of project managers under his responsibility in the field and at headquarters, in the planning, implementation, management and monitoring of national and international projects, in compliance with contribution agreements and donor requirements
- Establish action priorities, objectives, work plans and deadlines for project managers and teams at headquarters under his responsibility
- Coordinate the work of producing the various reports with the project managers, carry out quality control and transmit these reports to the donors, in compliance with the deadlines, IBCR policies and procedures and the norms and standards of the lessor
- Support and supervise project managers in planning and project management in planning and evaluation
- Report regularly to the operations and programs management on the progress of projects, action plans, budgets and deadlines established according to the objectives set in the work plan
- Analyze the opportunities or potential issues and propose courses of action or mitigation strategies for the projects under his responsibility
- Ensure the monitoring and compliance of budgets according to contribution and / or grant agreements in close collaboration with the project managers and the finance department and report any anomalies or non-compliance to the operations and programs department
- Ensure the follow-up of contextual analyzes in terms of security, political and socio-economic evolution in the countries where the projects and programs under his responsibility take place and formulate recommendations
- Support project managers to identify, mitigate, monitor, analyze and report regularly on risks to IBCR programs, partnerships and reputation and support them in the development and implementation place of a contingency plan depending on the situation
- In collaboration with the coordination of expertises and project managers, ensure the integration of main and cross-cutting themes in the programming
- Ensure the implementation of monitoring, evaluation, learning and accountability (SEAR) in all projects under its responsibility with the collaboration of the SEAR coordination
- Contribute to the systematization of expertise and the traceability of knowledge, in the extension of a learning and innovative organizational culture in close collaboration with the coordination of SEAR
- Analyze and approve the mandates of consultants, trainees and / or experts within the framework of the projects and participate as necessary in their selection process
- Perform field monitoring missions and coordinate the missions of headquarters and / or donors
- Manage the human resources under his responsibility at headquarters and in the field with a concern for continuous improvement and in a spirit of collaborative and positive work promoting participation and innovation
- Apply the gender equality approach in his work and that of the teams under his supervision
- Ensure operational links with the internal staff who collaborate in the implementation of the programs: coordination of expertise, monitoring-evaluation and learning, communications, the finance and HR department as well as the person responsible for development
- Represent the organization and ensure the maintenance of harmonious relations within the framework of its attributions with external interlocutors, in particular donors and other partners
- Participate in the establishment of alliances with external partners in order to position the IBCR as a key and innovative organization
- Represent the organization, when requested by operations and programs management, at events or activities
- Perform all other related tasks related to the mandate and proper functioning of the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- Post graduate degree in international development, management, social sciences or related field.
- 5 years of significant work experience, particularly in the field, including at least 3 years in the management of international programs
- Fluency in spoken and written French, English and Spanish
- Excellent knowledge of the stages of the project management cycle
- Knowledge of results-based management (RBM) and the Gender and Development approach (GED)
- Good knowledge of the NGO community and international cooperation.
- Knowledge of funders, including Global Affairs Canada, UNICEF and others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010 suite
- Availability to travel in Canada and abroad.
- Knowledge of children's rights as well as issues concerning child protection
- Experience in managing capacity building projects or programs
- Experience working in an intercultural context, in developing countries or with vulnerable populations
- Good judgment and great autonomy
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good staff management skills and ability to work in a team.
- Recognized coordination skills, leadership and capacity for innovation (creativity).
- Good ability to identify priorities and manage change.
- Good organizational, analytical and synthesis skills.
- Dynamism, interpersonal skills and proactivity.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to adopt a flexible schedule as needed.
- Availability to work occasionally evenings and weekends.