Management and Control of Assets
Ensure that all assets are recorded and accounted for in the asset register.
Regularly verify the existence and condition of assets by performing asset counts during the year.
Ensure that all assets are tagged and numbered according to the asset register and as per donor requirements.
Maintain systems that track the movement of assets between agreed locations and/or use by current staff or visiting delegates from other offices.
Ensure that the office has adequate insurance cover for its assets.
Information Technology (IT)
- Technical Support - Liaise with IT team to ensure timely provision and/or coordination of technical support to Pretoria office
- Work with IT team in-country, regional and HQ to ensure robust network administration including new user e-mail set up, network account set-up, etc.
- Liaise with IT to identify areas where users can be trained to improve computer literacy and security as well as assist users as needed in troubleshooting IT issues.
- Responsible to ensure optimal internet connection with minimal downtime, adequate speeds and liaises with vendors regarding all internet equipment and systems issues.
- Ensure proactive and superior customer service provided by IT department.
Management of Procurement
- Review procurement packs including completion of checklists, purchase requisitions, quotations, justification memos and other documentation to ensure that company policy is adhered to , the necessary quality checks and confirmations were done.
- Ensure that goods and services required are accurately described on the purchase order as per requirements and that all the relevant approvals are in place, prior to sending the purhase order to the vendor.
- Ensure that no goods are delivered and/or service rendered without the necessary procurement process followed.
- Maintain a file wherein all signed purchase orders and supporting quotations are filed for easy reference and to facilitate future audits.
- Keep a list of all purchase order issues and send the update monthly to Finance, to keep track of commitments.
- Ensure that contractors fulfill all requirements in the scope of work as agreed before payment of fees.
- Esnure that the necessary SLAs are in place, updated and planned for in time and that the procurement committee meets in time to ensure that the processes and approvals are transparent.
Administration of Leases and Rental Agreements
- Ensure that the rental agreements are properly maintained and amended where necessary.
- Liaise with the landlord and building manager to ensure that the building is maintained to guarantee a conducive working environment.
- Regularly review and renew office machine rental agreements where necessary.
- Maintain lease agreement files and keeping these agreements in a safe place for reference purposes.
- Issue and maintain lease agreements for tenants.
- Ensure tenants are invoiced on a monthly basis as per signed lease agreements.
Renewal and Maintenance of Short-Term Insurance
- Ensure that insurance cover is renewed annually on all assets.
- Inform the insurance company of additions and/or scrapping/sale of assets.
- Ensure that insurance company holds sufficient cover for all assets.
- Negotiate annual increases with brokers.
- Keep policy documents in a safe place for reference purposes.
Complete HQ annual insurance return forms.
Vehicle Fleet Management
- Establishes and maintains required reporting systems and ensures timely maintenance and repairs to vehicles.
- Oversee vehicle maintenance and log books are daily recorded.
- Ensure requisite insurance and license fees of all vehicles re up to date.
- Review fuel control sheets weekly for all the vehicles and manage the vehicle tracking system.
Access Requisition for the Office
- Supervise monthly provision of office supplies.
- Ensure that the organizational stationery requirements are catered for.
- Travel Management and Workshops
- Oversee and coordinate travel authorization submissions and travel bookings for staff.
- Regularly liaise with the preferred travel vendors and attend to service delivery issues or complaints from staff.
- Facilitate efficient coordination of conferences, workshops, meetings and travel in accordance with company policy.
- Authorise hired vehicles for staff as required.
Cellphone Billing and Management
- Ensure that the 3G and cellphone bills are updated regularly with names of users.
- Analyse the cellphone bill account monthly and ensure that staff are billed for private usage and send the analysis to Finance mothly.
- All cellphones and 3G cards need to be recorded when issued and proper records of cellphones returning from staff must be kept.
- Send out regular guidance and communication on how cellphone and 3G cards must be used to ensure that users manage their bills correctly.
- Safety and Security
- Ensure that the office complies with regulations of the OHS Act and ensures that task teams are formed and responsible for office security and first aid.
- Ensure that regular safety drills take place.
- Ensure that the alarm system is maintained and a rotating schedule is shared for Admin Department to respond to armed response call outs.
- Liaise with HQ to ensure that the security information is regularly updated.
Management of Staff
- Supervise the activities of the IT, administration, procurement and logistics staff.
- Setting performance goals, management of mid-year and annual performance appraisals.
- Development and coaching of admin staff.
- Ensure that job descriptions of staff are reviewed annually and updated and discussed, where needed.
- Ensure that staff are developed that they can serve as back-up for one another in the department.
- Degree in Business Administration or equivalent, together with three (3) to five (5) years' experience in office management, procurement and administration within the NGO industry.
- Experience and knowledge of procurement and administration under US funded award is advantageous.
- Knowledge of general office practices and administrative procedures and/or the ability to comprehend them.
- Budget for the Admin department.
- Relevant software skills: MS Office, in particular a good working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Resourceful through the use of technology, research skills and collegial relationships to resolve problems and initiative enhancements.
- Respond to enquiries independently and follow through on requests in an efficient manner.
- With minimal supervision, manage high volume of work-flow efficiently.
- Must have a valid SA Driver's Licence.