JOB PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Provide substantial value to WFP’s effective positioning with public, private and external partners to attract policy support, resources, technical assistance and innovative solutions to advance the work of WFP, while supporting member states in the achievement of the SDGs and Zero Hunger and emphasizing WFP’s contributions in this regard.
RESPONSABILITIES (NOT LIMITED TO)
- Implement the work plan for an assigned area to enable WFP to identify, develop and strengthen quality partnerships in support of WFP strategic objectives.
- Proactively contribute to a partnerships portfolio, including partner profiling, data/trends analysis and outreach activities, with the aim to maximize resources and leverage policy and technical support for WFP’s work; Ensure partner visibility and that partner conditions are met.
- Use data to propose options to managers to expand support from existing partners and to scope new partners, guided by programmatic assessment and context-specific analysis, with the aim to enhance the impact of WFP’s work and diversify the resource base.
- Gather and share partner intelligence (including forecasting), using key information systems (e.g. Salesforce, WINGS, WFPGo).
- Solicit inputs from other functional entities, RBs and COs on WFP’s programmatic offering that can gain traction with individual partner audiences; Conduct analysis and draft quality briefs in support of outreach opportunities.
- Gather socio-political insights to support WFP’s effective positioning vis-à-vis national governments, regional and international institutions with the aim to influence the policy agenda.
- In the context of the UN system and multilateral fora, support the development of partnerships and joint events with member states, civil society and intergovernmental organizations to advocate for the SDGs and Zero Hunger on the global agenda and advance WFP priorities and objectives, based on a basic understanding of member states’ dynamics and interests.
- Provide inputs to partnerships strategies, including the development of Partnership Action Plans; Draw up quality partner proposals and reports by engaging with other WFP entities and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the preparation of strategic agreements, joint strategies and MOUs in order to promote the SDGs and Zero Hunger on the national, regional and global agenda and to reach advantageous outcomes for WFP.
- Facilitate corporate dialogue with partners through networking and information sharing; Proactively highlight strategic issues to senior managers and propose options for the best course of action to nurture trust and partnership growth.
- Contribute to preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations and guidance, and monitor defined risks.
- Other as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
- Has a basic understanding of government and corporate strategies and priorities and experience in developing multi-stakeholder partnerships.
- Has explored new partnership opportunities, provided inputs into developing solutions with prospective partners and explored new areas to scale-up existing activities.
- Has designed and managed all resource mobilization processes and resource strategies, negotiated contract terms and provided resourcing advice to seniors.
- Has gained experience in using technology and digital tools for data collection, analysis and shared data-based insights to add value to all partnerships.
- Has supported creation of external communications and briefing materials.
- Has provided advanced technical support and identified opportunities for service delivery excellence to strengthen partnerships.
- Has motivated team spirit and contributed to a gender-balanced, inclusive and sound working environment.
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Advanced University degree in Political Science, International Development, Development Economics, International Relations, Law, Marketing, Communications or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Experience: Minimum three or more years of relevant professional work experience in partnership roles.
Languages: Fluency (level C) in English and French languages written and spoken.