Postdoctoral Fellow – Rice Monitoring Survey in South Asia
International Rice Research Institute(IRRI), Laguna, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
- In collaboration with a Senior Business Analyst, act as a contact point to IT for data management and coordinate data related projects (data integrations, data management, reporting…) over their full life cycle (scope definition, analysis, design, implementation, release)
- Analyse and formalize business requirements, develop business cases, and shape corresponding project and program proposals with business
- Translate business needs and requirements into functional specifications for systems/applications and capacity demands
- Identify dependencies and coordinate issue resolution, business risk mitigation
- Coordinate projects with IT Business Partner teams and infrastructure teams
- Report to the Data Integration and Analytics manager and business process leads on progress of projects and initiatives
- Support business in roll-out with training and user-guides
- University degree in business related field and demonstrable continuous professional development.
- Active affiliation with relevant networks and professional organizations such as IIBA.
- Accreditation in a recognized project management methodology such as PMI or Prince2.
- At least five years of relevant post graduate experience in IT project business analysis in complex environments delivering against set targets
- Ability to demonstrate capability in delivering both commercial off the shelf solutions (COTS, packaged apps) and bespoke software
- Can show effective partnering with the business for the effective and efficient implementation of data management projects and processes.
- Has developed effective operations and support procedures, organizing successful deployment and roll-out to key stakeholders
- Can demonstrate the ability to facilitate discussions around business requirements in order to ensure effective IT solutions are developed and deployed.
- Has the proven ability to translate business requirements into IT solutions with systems requirements and technical analysis and design experience (use case / functional and non-functional specifications, conceptual, logical and physical data models, object-relational modelling, end user interface design)
- Data manipulations (SQL queries…) and analytics tools
- Demonstrable success within a dynamic and fast-changing environment with the ability to actively listen, identify and influence all levels of stakeholders, within a diverse cultural and multiple agenda with conflicting priorities.
- Able to demonstrate effective collaboration and knowledge sharing within and outside of the IT domain
- Experience with Master Data Management (governance, technical implementation)
- Experience with integration tools (Informatica, ODI)
- Experience with analytics solutions (OBIEE)
- Exposure to ERP systems (Oracle / SAP) with focus on financials and sourcing
- Experience with Hyperion Planning or Essbase
- Exposure to Customer Relationship Management tools such as Salesforce
- Experience with Agile delivery methodologies
- Fluency in English is essential and a good working knowledge of French would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of other languages would be an asset.