Poverty and Social Inclusion Specialist
CIMMYT, Mexico City, Mexico
Closing Date for Applications:
Specific duties of this position include:
- Assess targeted wheat and maize innovations for the poor and marginalized sections of society – including women – to enhance their livelihoods and reduce their vulnerability.
- Assess modes of mainstreaming social inclusiveness and gender equity into wheat and maize research-for-development in developing countries.
- Assess intermediate development outcomes and impact pathways of wheat and maize innovations by social strata.
- Use and develop analytical tools to identify, understand and target options to enhance social inclusiveness and gender equity.
- Develop a strategic research agenda and priorities to enhance social inclusiveness in maize and wheat research-for-development.
- Networking, coordination and resource mobilization to establish and strengthen a community of practice around social inclusiveness in CIMMYT and its partners.
- Publish findings in international peer reviewed journals.
We are seeking candidates with the following academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- PhD in, agricultural economics, development economics or a related social science field (e.g. development studies, sociology, anthropology, geography,) from a recognized institution.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience.
- Strong profile related to understanding of poverty dynamics, power relations, social inclusion/gender, sustainability and food security in developing countries.
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research approaches.
- Proven interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, including ability to effectively interact with diverse audiences, stakeholders, colleagues and disciplines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- A high degree of personal organization, the ability to work under pressure, and willingness to travel.
- Established publication record in international peer-reviewed journals.
- The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 3 years, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT’s internationally competitive salary and benefits include housing allowance, car, comprehensive health and life insurance, assistance for children’s education, paid vacation, annual airfare, contribution to a retirement plan, and generous assistance with relocation shipment.
- CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
- To apply for this position, please email cover letter and CV to HR, CIMMYT (Email: email@example.com / Please indicate Position Reference number: 12341 in the header of your email). In your application, please specify where you saw this position advertised.
- The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
- For further information on the selection process, please contact Esther Mendoza, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.