Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
a. CPA and PBA of Concessional Resources
- Oversee and represent ADB in CPA/PBA related missions to ADF (concessional assistance) eligible countries.
- Contribute substantially to country performance analyses and the preparation of CPAs in collaboration with country economists and staff of IMF and World Bank among other relevant agencies.
- Oversee the preparation of CPAs for countries with access to ADF (concessional assistance) that are not members of IDA.
- Provide leadership on concessional PBA decisions.
- Provide advice on quality and policy compliance on CPA/PBA to Director, Resource Planning and Coordination (SPOP) in the Strategy and Policy Department (SPD).
- Widely recognized for demonstrated expertise and substantial achievements in the field of specialization.
b. Policy and Strategy
- Oversee the provision of technical support in the review and development of policies related to country performance management in client countries, ensuring current knowledge of peer agencies equivalent policies and practices.
- Oversee the provision of technical support in the implementation of CPA and PBA of concessional resources including grants.
- Lead analysis and diagnostic work in various policy and strategy areas of SPD’s work, as requested.
- Contribute new or innovative approaches to policy and operational issues.
c. Capacity Development
- Oversee the development and implementation of training programs on CPA/PBA for ADB staff and client country authorities.
- Participate in technical meetings of international financial institutions on CPA/PBA.
- Generate and disseminate knowledge products regarding country performance assessment and challenges and opportunities.
- Initiate and lead various macroeconomic and other analytical work to advance conceptual thinking regarding operational planning and resource allocation, incorporating innovation and efficiency and effectiveness considerations.
d. Staff Supervision
- Create and lead multidisciplinary teams and ensure the overall quality of its work.
- Supervise the performance of teams and individuals providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to team and individuals and ensure their on-going learning and development.
- Master's Degree, or equivalent, in Economics or related fields. University degree in Economics or related fields combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- At least 12 years of relevant professional work experience with a strong background in quantitative macroeconomic analysis, preferably with experience in sovereign debt analysis.
- International experience working in several countries
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level
- Significant expertise within a specific area, or breadth across multiple areas with in-depth knowledge within one area
- Credible expert in field of expertise with recognized ability to lead projects and to share relevant knowledge to benefit the broader ADB community
People and Leadership Skills
- Able to perform effectively as a mission leader or team lead, exercising supervision, coordination, and planning responsibilities over multi-disciplinary team/unit
- Able to mentor team members, providing guidance and advice on project or technical-related matters
- Able to coach team members to develop their capabilities/potential
- Able to act as an effective OIC of the Division when required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English