Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
- Lead efforts on strategy and policy development coordination, clarification and dissemination, including efforts to develop new bank wide strategies. Lead operations coordination and monitoring activities to foster alignment of operations with medium to long term strategies and directions. and policies. Work within a framework of broad policies, principles and goals, applying a high degree of autonomy to work methods.
a. Strategy and policy development
- Lead in strategic planning and policy coordination, with a focus on bank wide strategies and policies to enable ADB to improve its relevance, responsiveness and effectiveness.
- Lead and provide guidance in the formulation and review of strategy, planning, and policy papers and offer innovative ideas on development, organizational and other complex issues.
- Lead and ensure the provision of support to Management and the Board of Directors on strategic planning issues.
b. Business Process Management
- Lead or support the development, review and reform of ADB wide policies, including relevant training, dissemination and monitoring activities.
- Provide substantive contribution to ADB’s interagency cooperation with other multilateral and bilateral development organizations, with a focus on leveraging greater private sector investment and more innovative development solutions, including ADB’s support for middle income countries.
c. Special Initiatives
- Lead and undertake initiatives assigned to the Strategy and Policy Department (SPD) and relevant action plans as needed.
- Participate in various committees, working groups and task forces assigned to SPD.
d. Knowledge sharing
- Lead in knowledge sharing and disseminate relevant information, findings and lessons to increase awareness and knowledge in ADB about various strategic and policy initiatives.
- Act as a resource person for internal trainings and external briefings on ADB policies and procedures.
e. Staff Supervision
- Create and lead multidisciplinary teams and ensure the overall quality of its work.
- Supervise the performance of teams and individuals, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance
- Provide coaching and mentoring to teams and individuals to ensure their on-going learning and development.
- Master's Degree, or equivalent, in law, economics, finance, business, public administration or related fields. University degree in law, economics, finance, business, public administration or related fields combined with specialized experience in relevant organizations and private sector may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level.
- At least 12 years of relevant professional experience, including strategic planning experience, and with excellent knowledge of development conditions and challenges across the Asia-Pacific Region, and of the broader international development agenda
- Work experience in ADB, including significant participation on a project team developing key strategy and policy documents, and experience working in ADB operations.
- International experience working in several developing countries in the region.
- Thorough knowledge of strategic objectives, priorities and operational procedures of ADB and similar multilateral institutions.
- Good understanding of ADB products and services.
- Able to utilize and share relevant knowledge to benefit the broader ADB community, including participation in ADB processing teams to promote greater leveraging of private sector investment.
- Ability to conceptualize and formulate strategy and policy documents and present them cogently and effectively.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively operate as part of a team.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.