The Green Climate Fund (“the Fund”) is a new multilateral fund created to make a significant and ambitious contribution to the global efforts towards attaining the goals set by the international community to combat climate change.
The Fund will contribute to the achievement of the ultimate objective of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). In the context of sustainable development, the Fund will promote the paradigm shift towards low-emission and climate-resilient development pathways by providing support to developing countries to limit or reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and to adapt to the impacts of climate change, taking into account the needs of those developing countries particularly vulnerable to the adverse effects of climate change.
The Fund is governed by a Board, composed of an equal number of members from developed and developing countries. The Fund is operated by an independent Secretariat headed by an Executive Director. The Fund will pursue a country-driven approach in its operations.
The Fund seeks to recruit a Private Sector Facility Consultant to join its team at its headquarters in Songdo, Republic of Korea, for a period of 9 months.
Under the supervision of the Director of the Private Sector Facility or a Task Manger designated by the Director, the Consultant will assist the team in evaluating and supporting the team to implement its 2021 priorities. S/he will support the operationalization of the PSF Strategy, calling for more active pipeline development, enhanced work in conducting secondary due diligence, and supporting efforts to drive strong results for replenishment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support development of the Private Sector Facility team pipeline for 2021 by screening innovative and impactful projects and proposals;
- Provide technical inputs on board documents where necessary;
- In collaboration with other members of the Private Sector Facility team, the Consultant will also support the team in the interdivisional Fund processes of review and analysis of Concept Notes and Funding Proposals in the preparation for the Board’s consideration;
- Provide analytical support to task managers on financial, economic and project / programme analysis, including but not limited to, conducting market research and financial analysis, as a part of the secondary due diligence;
- Support the task managers/leads in the due diligence process of advancing funding proposals;
- Preparing presentations and documents for the Climate Investment Committee during internal approval process;
- Supporting structuring and negotiations with Accredited Entities, including but not limited to drafting term sheets and funded activity agreements;
- Contributing to the Private Sector Facility team outreach efforts including participation in the major climate finance related events and conferences and support for country / stakeholder engagement endeavors, webinars, etc;
- Support the Director of Private Sector Facility on preparation of business development efforts aimed at aligning the forward-looking investment pipeline with the new evolving strategy and policies; and,
- Perform additional operation tasks assigned by the Director, Deputy Director, and other Managers.
Required experience and qualifications
- Master’s Degree, in finance, economics, accounting, climate policy, international affairs, or other relevant subject(s);
- Minimum year of work experience: three (3) years in a relevant field;
- Experience in international organization is preferred;
- Experience in strategy and establishing strong working relationships with internal and external clients;
- Analytically-minded with strong presentation skills;
- Passion about delivery and focus on results;
- Ability to embrace fast-paced dynamic environment and adapt to change;
- Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of another United Nations language is an advantage; and
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.