UNOPS, Kabul, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
- Ensure full compliance of procurement activities with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- Establish internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in procurement, control of the workflows for ACAP activities.
- Analyse requirements and synthesise proposals for cost-saving and reduction strategies.
- Implement contract strategy, including tendering processes and evaluation, contractor appraisal, managing the contract and contractor, legal considerations and payment conditions, risk assessment.
- Implement strategic procurement under ACAP III, including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management, e-procurement introduction and promotion, performance measurement.
- Prepare timely procurement plans for the office and projects and monitoring of their implementation.
- Implement proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNOPS rules and regulation.
- Manage procurement contracts and implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
- Prepare cost-recovery bills in ATLAS as required for procurement services provided by UNOPS to other Agencies.
- Manage e-procurement module and development and management of the rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms;
- Ensure sustainable capacity building to project team members for the eventual transfer of functions in any future project phase.
- Masters Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience is required at progressively management level within the Procurement and Supply Chain field.Experience with USAID is highly desirable;
- Fluency in English, both oral and written;
- Knowledge/Fluency of other UN Official Languages is highly desirable;
- Demonstrated ability to live in hardship condition.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions).