Procurement Officer will support activities related to procurement of all goods and services required to carry out project activities. Handles overall procurement process, which includes preparing procurement request, requesting quotations, coordinate with APRO to finalize purchase orders, and reviewing invoices prior to Finance team for payment.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consults with Program Manager and staff members to determine procurement needs and specifications
- Drafts procurement documents including requests for quotations/proposals, bid specifications, selection memos, selection matrices and purchase orders.
- Interacts and corresponds with vendors to keep abreast of new products and market trends
- Develops and maintains information of all active vendors in the vendor database
- Coordinates procurement committee members and tasks for all office procurements
- Analyzes prices, specifications, and delivery dates of quotations received and selects or recommends vendors
- Maintains policies and procedures of organizational and government regulations affecting purchases and shares information with management, staff members and vendors
- Prepares, maintains and reviews procurement files and reports, including updated schedule of all active procurements. Verifies all documentation, including invoices for payment with the finance team
- Serves as point of contact for potential vendor questions
- Ensure that all requests are made and processed in compliance with FHI 360’s policy and specific funding requirements
- Supervises regular inventory list updates, arranges physical inventory in a timely manner, and prepares equipment for end-of-life disposition
- Periodically conducts internal audits with accounts payable to show compliance with company purchasing policies
- Updates contract list and coordinate with regular contractors in renewing the contracts
- Perform other duties as assigned
TYPE AND NATURE OF CONTACTS:Frequent interaction with project leaders, program, administrative and other staff.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent in Business Administration or related field preferred
- 3-5 years of procurement and administrative support experience in an office setting.
- Working knowledge of standards and functions and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of procurement activities.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures regarding procurement services.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and computer software skills.
- Good problem-solving skills, well organized and detailed oriented.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors and prepare reports.
- Ability to work well with others and independently.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English and fluent in host country language
- Prior work experience in non-governmental organization (NGO) preferred
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff
PROBLEM SOLVING & IMPACT:
- Works on problems that are diverse in scope and require evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined practices and policies in selecting methods and
- techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Decisions made generally affect own job or specific functional area.
- Has no supervisory responsibility.
- Receives instructions on new assignments.
- Typically reports to a Manager.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENT:Less than 10%