World Vision, Philippines
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position is responsible for the delivery and execution of National Office covered strategic sourcing projects for efficiency and to drive cost savings of identified high spend categories based on the annual procurement plan and low-spend but regularly purchased goods, works and services.
- Facilitates RFP and RFQ process for one-off contracts in close coordination with stakeholders and managing its end to end sourcing process. Ensures that all processes are compliant with WV Procurement Policies.
- Facilitates the transactional procurement of assigned category per defined location to ensure general purchases and supplier relationship are carried out in alignment with WV Procurement Policies.
- Researches and evaluates requests based on price, service, quality and warranty and other applicable criteria to meet the needs of the internal customers. Verifies available funds and appropriateness of budget codes in accordance with procurement policy.
- Implement the result of the annual sourcing strategy based on the consolidated Procurement and implementation Plans;
- Researches the market condition and prepare related reports and updates on GWS price movement;
- Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability;
- Recommend the best bid/offer among potential suppliers;
- Prepares, coordinates and conducts negotiations with suppliers to achieve business objectives.
- Support the Procurement Officer in the coordination of contract execution with suppliers. Specifically, this would include contract negotiations, delivery and creation of a performance scoreboard, significant issue escalation and resolution, technology updates and all activities required to verify and process invoices.
- Monitor financial health of key suppliers and alert management of potential threats to key supplier viability;
- Manage assigned contracts and SLA to ensure adherence to agreements is being achieved and contract gaps are eliminated in consultation with Legal;
- Manage long term supplier relationships for designated categories;
- Recommend improvement of Sourcing Strategies through evidence based analysis for consumption by financial and operational dimensions, including price, quality and service;
- Maintain documentation including Terms and Conditions, Request for Proposals, Invitation to Bid, Request for Information, etc.
- Monitors procurement plan and work closely with operations in the advance preparation and planning process for special/complex purchasing projects/requirements.
- Reviews requisition and ensure accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Ensure that every procurement is initiated with comprehensive and duly approved Purchase Requisition;
- Ensure competent quality execution and monitoring of all purchasing transactions;
- Determine the proper sources and suppliers of Goods, Works and Services (GWS) its availability, terms of sales and mode of delivery to support and ensure timely implementation of the organization’s deliverables.
- Prepares, coordinates and conducts negotiations with suppliers to achieve business objectives. Negotiate the best pricing and terms of sales for the organization.
- Recommend and or select the best bid/offer among potential suppliers;
- Prepares and issue Purchase Orders and documents in accordance with WV Policies and Procedures;
- Monitors suppliers’ timely delivery of orders and ensure receipts of GWS are documented as per defined procedures;
- Maintain good level of professional relationship with suppliers as well as strong partnership with internal customers;
- Monitors and manages claim to suppliers for defectives, shortage, missing parts;
- Ensure suppliers’ timely submission of invoice.
- Sends scanned copy of invoice to SSC for payment processing.
- Closely coordinate with SSC on suppliers/vendors timely payment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Business Administration or any related field;
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledgeable with modern office methods and equipment; operation of personal computer; software programs including word processing, spreadsheet tools, presentation documents and use of procurement software.
- Strong knowledge of Source to Pay Process.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in procurement - purchasing a variety of general and specialized items, shipping and receiving, and basic accounting.
- Familiar with modern purchasing methods, procedures, and specifications preparation; methods and techniques utilized in analyzing the quality of services, supplies, and equipment; sources of purchasing information; budgets and revenue control.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Deep understanding of strategic sourcing process;
- Strong negotiation skills to achieve savings for the organization
- Experience in supplier performance management and customer management;
- Competent at interacting with the public in a respectful, courteous and friendly manner and maintaining effective working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to and respect for a diverse population.