World Vision, Khartoum, Sudan
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
World Vision Sudan has received a Euros 10.5 million grant to implement a Livelihoods and Agricultural Infrastructure Development Project in South Darfur State of Sudan. This three-year project is expected to contribute to the stability of the Darfur region by improving infrastructure and supporting existing and alternative livelihoods.
In this regard, World Vision is seeking a qualified and experienced Engineering Procurement Specialist with international in procurement for infrastructural works to ensure sound and qualitative supply chain management for infrastructure construction process and goods and supply chain for the project in compliance with world bank and KfW procurement requirements.
He/she will be expected to provide effective team leadership to co-workers and to ensure effective accountability including reporting to the donor and World Vision.
- Supply chain and contract Management for acquisition of goods and services.
- Developing or preparing bidding/tender document and contracts based on the standard documents as per sourcing strategies and donor requirements.
- Preparation of Bid Analysis Documents for Procurement Committee reviews and approval as well as submission to the donor for ‘no objection’.
- In collaboration with the chief of party and International Engineering expert, provide guidance in tender evaluation for construction works.
- In collaboration with the International engineering expert, conducts periodic monitoring to ensure quality control.
- Provide team leadership and technical oversight on all matters of project procurement for the South Darfur Livelihood and Agriculture Infrastructure Development Project.
- Ensure knowledge transfer of donor procurement regulations and standards to project staff at all levels, including project partners and other key stakeholders.
- Develops and periodically update procurement plan and tracker.
- Support and coordinate with finance department for contract payments for suppliers.
- Compile progress reports including the cost controlling, scheduling, risks and management aspects.
- Develop Item catalogues for the assigned categories enabling accurate procurement planning.
- Conduct performance evaluation for the engineering the subordinate in line with World Vision policies against clear, measurable key performance measures and ensuring that individuals’ performance is managed in collaboration with the Director of People & Culture.
- Provide capacity building to the infrastructure team, providing coaching, mentoring and onsite training on development of technical specification, safety issues and environmental requirements.
- Support the budgeting and re-budgeting processes as necessary, providing technical data for budgeting.
- Ensuring value for money (VFM) in execution of all infrastructure works and collaborating with the Chief of Party appropriately.
- As assigned by the Chief of Party or his designate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- In-depth knowledge of infrastructures and engineering procurement such as micro-dams, ‘hafirs’, irrigations, agro-processing plants, buildings, roads and bridges; and general engineering expertise. Proven knowledge and experience in constructions projects, excellent knowledge of project cost control activities, ability to supervise major procurements at international level, contracts management and costs control couple with excellent reporting skills is required.
- Demonstration of professional competency, mastery of subject matter, conscientious and efficiency in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results, is motivated by professional acumen.
- Must have ability to show persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges and remains calm in stressful situations, takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Conduct all ethical and professional behaviors in refusing fraudulent and corrupt practices including but not limited to refusing gifts, favors and preferences by any stakeholder.
- A Graduate degree from a recognized university in Civil engineering, Water Engineering or related fields.
- Professional certification and membership of recognized engineering body chartered institute of purchasing and supplies (CIPS) preferred.
- Professional training in project management, project controls and construction contracts is a definite asset.
- A Graduate degree in engineering from recognized University.
- Professional certification from a recognized engineering body.
- Professional training in project planning and management.
- Membership of CIPS.
- At least 10 years of post-qualification experience in procurement of engineering works in an international development work environment, preferably in Sub-Saharan Africa, with major accomplishment in construction of water infrastructures
- such dams, roads and bridges, irrigation structures and buildings.
- Experience and demonstrated expertise in managing people and evaluating subordinates.
- Certified Engineer, with membership of CIPS and experience in project management.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English and Arabic; knowledge of German is advantageous.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Msc. Civil engineering, Water Engineering, or Building Construction.
- Experience working in hostile/fragile context or post conflict environment.
- The position will be based in Khartoum, with occasional travel to Nyala in South Darfur.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 30% of the time.