Vera Solutions is a social enterprise and certified B Corporation building cloud and mobile applications for social impact organizations worldwide. Our clients — more than 300 organizations in over 55 countries — include major iNGOs and grant-making organizations, social enterprises, and community-based organizations.
The Product Associate will join Vera as part of the 2020-21 Fellowship cohort, which allows you a support network to ensure accelerated growth in this role. You will benefit from ongoing learning opportunities, leadership development, and mentorship from leaders within Vera. The Product Associate will be part of a growing Product team, and play a critical role in the creation of new products and features from idea to launch. This position is involved throughout the product lifecycle - conducting market research, gathering requirements, researching user stories, designing new features, writing test plans, maintaining product quality, and providing training and technical assistance.
- Design, build, implement, and support cloud and mobile data systems for a range of social service organizations worldwide
- Research new technologies, methodologies, and tools relevant to non-profits and NGOs
- Develop deep technical and market-based expertise on our core and future products
- Prepare test planning, review requirements and execute testing to ensure successful product delivery
- Collaborate with project teams to interact with clients and conduct user research, document user stories and translate them into actionable product features
- Maintain strong project management capabilities with planning, communicating, documenting and tracking activities using project management tools
- Monitor and report on product adoption and user feedback throughout product lifecycle
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree—what you studied isn’t critical; what you’re passionate about is
- 1-2 years professional experience in a product-related role, preferably in the technology space
- Professional experience in a product design or research capacity
- Experience working with the Force.com platform
- Curiosity and problem solving skills—do problems slow you down or drive you to seek solutions?
- Strong aptitude for using technology and data
- Ability to work remotely
- Able to demonstrate a high level of trust and self discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and perform multiple tasks effectively.