ICAP, United States
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
The Program Assistant will assist with grant-funded HIV prevention clinical research studies and grant-funded studies related to Covid-19 prevention and other prevention studies for a four -month period.
Under the direct supervision of the Site Coordinator, the Program Assistant will assist with conducting study visits in the field, the mobile van unit and on site. The Program Assistant will assist with obtaining informed consent; obtaining locator information, and assist with study participant follow up and completion of case report forms as per study protocols and study-specific procedures.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships and interact professionally, courteously, and appropriately with potential participants, participants, visitors and other employees; furthering a positive public perception of the research site and its employees (10%)
- Perform the consent process and obtain signed informed consent prior to initiating any protocol-defined procedures. (15%)
- Maintain accurate, comprehensive study records and source documentation. Complete study-related case report forms and source documentation per protocol. (15%)
- Schedule participants using outlook calendar. (15%)
- Assist with conducting study related follow up visits. (15%)
- Collect locator information and contact participants by telephone, email, and/or text on behalf of the site. (15%)
- Maintain confidentiality of study participants and adhere to principles of Human Subjects Protection (HSP) and Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP). (5%)
- Assist with designated aspects of the study including ensuring site compliance with study protocols, all relevant procedures, policies and regulations. Understand and adhere to study protocols, and other appropriate regulations, procedures and policies. (5%)
- Perform other related duties as assigned. (5%)
- Requires Bachelor’s degree
- At least 6 months-1yr of experience in a clinical research setting
- Demonstrated experience organizing and managing disparate work flows to meet organizational schedules and requirements
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work off shift hours (weekends and some evenings).