United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), Paris, France
Closing Date for Applications:
- The position is located in the Diversity of Cultural Expressions Entity of the Culture Sector and is placed under the general delegated authority of the Assistant Director-General for Culture (ADG / CLT) and the direct supervision of the Head of Entity. .
- Within his team, the Program Assistant provides direct support to the Head of Entity by supporting the organization and implementation of program / project activities and by performing a series of administrative support and office.
In particular, the Program Assistant must:
- Produce documents, publications and correspondence related to the work of the entity in their complete and final form from their draft versions; research, locate, compile, review and update information and data used in the development of documents, work plans and budgets; ensure the accuracy and compliance with approved amounts; enter data into automated systems and report thereon to facilitate the preparation of regular and ad hoc budget / financial updates, program / project performance reports and statistics and / or projections for use and close review by supervisor (s) or responsible administrator;
- Prepare various administrative documents from examples or models; initiate and monitor administrative procedures, including the monitoring of payments in collaboration with the executive and administrative units (AO / EO); brief team members on specific administrative processes and related procedures to support work planning and timely and coordinated execution of work; Track and report outstanding payments, deadlines and bottlenecks to team members; perform general administrative tasks such as recording leave and attendance; maintain departmental records (hard copy and electronic) and databases, and provide software and office equipment support.
- Organize official meetings, events and workshops by reserving venues and equipment and providing other related logistical support; organize official trips for meetings, events and workshops; take care of travel arrangements; define and prepare the itinerary and the agenda; facilitate travel by providing or clarifying information and preparing necessary documents such as visa applications; provide administrative support for events; collate / format information and data to present them in their final form; inform participants; organize the distribution of documents; collect the minutes / information / documents and prepare the associated documentation.
- Receive, analyze, sort, record and distribute correspondence and documents; maintain extensive distribution lists and process requests for data and reports; determine the importance and priority of documents received and ensure follow-up, draft correspondence and emails; review, correct and edit outgoing correspondence in accordance with standard practices and protocol, ensuring proper grammar, spelling and punctuation; recommend modifications / corrections; and arrange for the translation of documents; maintain information systems and databases in physical and electronic media by recording, updating and retrieving information, documentation and data;
- Respond to inquiries and follow up on outstanding routine issues; transmit information and requests, if applicable; provide information to supervisor (s) and colleagues; make appointments, receive visitors and take phone calls, respond to inquiries and / or refer them to the specialist / department concerned; liaise with the various internal departments to obtain additional information or clarifications; provide advice to temporary or short-term staff on general office procedures and processes, automated systems, IT applications, etc.
- Technical or vocational secondary school diploma in the field of secretarial work and / or administrative support.
- A minimum of 3 (three) years of experience in administrative tasks, secretarial work and / or related fields.
Skills & Competencies
- Good communication skills, and the ability to draft correspondence and documents.
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills.
- Very good writing skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage priorities.
- Very good computer skills in the use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.).
- Very good knowledge of French and / or English and good knowledge of the other language.