United Nations Environment Programme , Paris, France
Closing Date for Applications:
- The assistance of a consultant is requested to provide administrative support the Energy and Climate Branch Admin Team specifically in the area of Human Resources. The consultant will provide support in the engagement process of Consultants and Individual Contractors (CIC), advising Project Managers on proper onboarding procedures to comply with UN Rules and Regulations, and ensuring monthly payroll transaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. The Energy and Climate Branch (ECB), located within the Economy Division, supports developing countries to improve energy efficiency and increase use of renewable energy as part of their efforts to achieve low-carbon and climate-resilient development pathways. It does so by providing guidance on sound policy, technology, and investment choices, and by facilitating knowledge generation and sharing, capacity building, peer learning and through technical assistance to developing countries.
The individual contractor should have knowledge and previous experience on the following aspects:
- Administration of UN HR documents and contracts. Background in administration or HR an asset;
- Excellent computer skills using SAP (Umoja), Excel, MS Office Suite and database software
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to work as part of a team. High level of discretion.
Academic Qualifications: Completion of secondary education or equivalent is required.
Experience: A minimum of five years work experience in the fields of HR, programme or project administration or related area is required. Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems is desirable.
Language: Fluency in English is required for this position.