INGO Forum in partnership with NRC is looking for a Program Assistant for Abuja, Federal Captial Territory Office in Northen Nigeria. The purpose of the Program Assistant is to support and implement INGO Forum activities in Abuja
NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
The INGO Forum in Nigeria was formed in late 2014 to develop a collaborative platform for effective and principled INGO interaction, engagement and coordination for humanitarian, recovery and development interventions in Nigeria. Since inception, the INGO Forum has become a critical platform for ensuring effective information sharing and analysis; leadership on advocacy and policy engagement; and liaison with government/donor/UN engagement and engagement ensuring the perspectives of INGOs and affected populations are ultimately included in decision-making processes. The INGO Forum is governed by a core membership of 41 members (and 6 observers) with new member applications pending approval on a regular basis, The INGO Forum is governed by an elected Steering Committee of five Country Directors and a Chair that works alongside a full-term Secretariat. Since March 2017, the INGO Forum is administratively hosted by Mercy Corps in Nigeria’s capital city of Abuja as well as Maiduguri.
The Program Assistant reports to the Technical Consultant, PLRCP Initiative
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain an up to date INGO Forum Calendar of key dates and events, contact lists, correspondence and other documents on NIF online collaboration platform and other filing platforms
- Responsible for all travel and accommodation arrangements for NIF guests and staff by liaising with NRC’s Operations team
- Assist in organizing all logistics training, meetings, workshops, events, and other INGO Forum activities and taking minutes of these events.
- Support the project team to ensure registration and documentation of partners
- Assist management team in the administration and analysis of partner self-assessment baseline assessment against the humanitarian capacity framework and identify the gaps
- Support the development of training program and tool kit for L/NNGOs in line with best practices in the development, private sector, and humanitarian contexts
- Ensure gender mainstreaming in all areas of program planning and delivery in – Designing Training module and Networking
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership
- Work with the communications officer to ensure regular contact with the media and support with the design and publication of information products, visibility items, and social media packs
- Support the regular update of INGO Forum website and social media platforms and support in the compilation of articles and contents for a weekly update, newsletter as well as other information products
- Conduct research and information gathering on localization efforts and humanitarian situations to support the development of press statements, communique, advocacy products, etc.
- BA/S or equivalent in business, accounting, finance & administration, management, or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in working with financial, administrative and procurement systems.
- Administrative experience in similar projects.
- Demonstrated experience managing super busy program office setting and responding to multi-actor demands in a fast and efficient manner
- Experience working with country-level ministries and government officials.
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling an insecure environment
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and often demanding environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and experience in humanitarian settings.
- Knowledge of and contacts in Nigerian Media