Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium implements the USAID activity Health Equity and Financial Protection Platform, also known as ProtectHealth, in the Philippines. ProtectHealth, in collaboration with other USAID projects, will support the Government of the Philippines (GPH) to enhance access and financing to meet key family planning (FP) and tuberculosis (TB) outcomes while realizing its goal of achieving UHC. ProtectHealth will specifically support GPH's implementation of the UHC Law by addressing policy and institutional bottlenecks within the health financing system.
ProtectHealth will provide technical assistance (TA) to enable the GPH to rapidly and effectively enact reforms envisioned in new legislation on UHC. ProtectHealth will enable key reforms and improvements in the sustainable financing of TB and FP, as well as the utilization and financial protection achieved in these health areas, by convening decision-makers at critical points in the policy process.
- This position is responsible for assisting the Health Financing Advisor, through and with the Health Financing Specialist, in managing and monitoring the implementation of various products and deliverables. The Health Financing and Systems Strengthening Associate duties will include but not be limited to:
- Assist the Health Financing Specialist in overseeing project management of assigned products and sub-products, and other activities;
- Assist in the provision of technical assistance support in the implementation of assigned products and activities, which include but are not limited to health financing, social health insurance and other health systems strengthening concerns related to UHC implementation in general and for TB and FP, in particular;
- Assist in ensuring the timeliness, technical soundness and coherence with overall technical framework of project reports and other relevant documentation submitted;
- Regularly update the Health Financing Specialist with the progress of implementation of assigned products and activities;
- Work with the research, monitoring, evaluation and learning (RMELFA) team to strengthen SHI benefit delivery;
- Work with the Public Finance Management team to strengthen budget planning and performance to complement SHI benefit delivery;
- Coordinate with Business Management Unit (BMU) to ensure availability of required program resources in the implementation of assigned products/sub-products and activities;
- Perform any other operations responsibilities as may be directed by the Chief of Party.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced Degree in Economics, Public Health or related field or MD;
- With at least 3 years experience in health financing, social health insurance , policy analysis and related work
- Proficiency in MS Office applications;
- Sound written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Strong organizational skills to ensure activities, schedules and progress of work are on schedule;
- Demonstrated sound judgment, problem-solving and decision making;
- Ability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team when required.