International Executive Service Corps, DC, United States
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
IESC – the International Executive Service Corps – is a U.S.-based nonprofit that seeks private enterprise solutions to problems of poverty in developing countries and around the world. By deploying a mix of technical assistance and volunteer expert support, IESC works with emerging industries, financial institutions, and governments to stabilize economic environments, increase opportunity, and promote growth.
IESC is recruiting for a headquarters-based Program Associate reporting to the Program Manager(s) and Practice Leader for Enterprise and Workforce Development. The Program Associate provides administrative, financial, and logistical support to one or more program field teams within the portfolio. The position is a full-time (40 hours per week) and will be based in the Washington, DC headquarters of IESC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support for day-to-day global program operations activities;
- Assist with startup and closeout activities for programs, which may include travel to the field;
- Manage the collection of program documentation and contact information and upload them to appropriate database systems;
- Provide assistance with the review and editing of program reports and other documents;
- Identify, recruit, and field volunteer experts and consultants using IESC’s database and other sources for technical assistance assignments;
- Perform outreach for new volunteer recruitment efforts;
- Compile evaluations and create write-ups of technical assistance projects;
- Review and reconcile expense reports;
- Update and manage the recording of program property in IESC database systems;
- Provide administrative and logistical support, as needed;
- Responsible for managing the process of and updating program promotional information;
- Provide timely information on IESC programs, program activities, and program countries for IESC and related websites;
- Develop program fact sheets, success stories, and contribute to other program-specific communication materials;
- Attend informative events related to the subject matter or region of a program to network and learn information that could be valuable to program activities;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to Practice Area Lead as needed;
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years of related work experience;
- Experience with USAID or other donor programs;
- Ability to prioritize among multiple competing requests;
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, thorough and well organized;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to support a variety of staff members in the U.S. and in the field and volunteers;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Fluency in English required;
- Experience working in Africa preferred;
- Experience working with volunteers is preferred.
- Please follow link to apply. IESC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Must be eligible to work in the United States.