Save the Children, Quezon City, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
- The Program Coordinator provides overall leadership in ensuring quality and timely implementation of FREER project and Sponsorship program. S/he is accountable in setting up mechanisms for programmatic and thematic integration and ensures internal collaboration within urban programming.
- The post holder is primarily responsible in ensuring technical quality in the implementation of FREER project and will lead in planning, strategizing, monitoring the development and/or modification of resource packages appropriate for the project and progress of implementation in relation to key performance indicators set forth. This includes working with the technical units in developing capacity building program for the target beneficiaries. S/he is also responsible in building strategic partnerships (LGUs and private institutions) essential in delivering program commitments.
- At least 3 years' experience in designing and implementing projects related to livelihoods.
- Background in engaging policy decision makers in child rights issues.
- College degree in social development is preferred
- Effective communication and facilitation skills demonstrated by skills and knowledge in using various tools in simplifying concepts and frameworks in communicating with a wide range of audiences related to the program including children.
- Critical thinking which is demonstrated by the ability to resolve program issues and integrate programs.
- Background in research and development is an advantage
- Experience in engaging duty bearers and facilitating child participation, use of child rights approaches, gender development and inclusion principles in development or humanitarian settings.
- Resilience to stress, can tolerate working under ambiguous circumstances), high flexibility to abrupt changes and can multitask.
- Strong sense of urgency and work ethics particularly in timeliness (organizing and prioritizing) and quality in programming.
- Understands and believes in Save the Children's mission and vision; commits to its objectives and willing to adopt Save the Children's methodology and framework.
- Contract length: Fixed Term position until December 31, 2021 based in National Capital Region
- We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
- We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated