Program Officer I - English Access Microscholarship Program
FHI 360, Washington DC, United States
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
FHI 360 designs and implements academic, professional, cultural, and youth exchange programs for students and emerging leaders around the world. We are seeking a Program Officer in Finance and Operations to help manage and execute finance and operational duties related to the English Access Microscholarship Program, a global program that promotes and supports English language learning.
This position will provide support to the Finance Manager and the Senior Program Officer of Exchanges. The position provides financial and operations support in managing of several open consecutive cooperative agreements.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Reviews banking information submitted by sub-recipients and identifies cases requiring additional information.
- Works with Treasury and Program Officers to resolve international wire issues.
- Serves as resource for project staff on all things pertaining to banking information.
- Maintains banking information in project database and ensure it is updated accordantly.
- Reviews project voucher and ensures proper allocation of expenses to funding source and expense categories. Prepares reallocation documentation as needed.
- Provides timely review of sub-recipient and consultant monthly financial reports /vouchers ensuring costs are allowable and conform to donor approved sub-recipient budgets.
- Assists Finance Manager with preparation of pre-award assessments of subs to determine appropriate invoice/report schedule and actual cost documentation.
- Assists Finance Manager with reconciliation of sub-recipient payments in project database and FHI 360’s accounting system.
- Assists Finance Manager with updating program report excel templates.
- Assists supervisor in financial close out of subcontracts and awards.
- Maintains project financial files, ensuring complete and proper backup/audit documentation.
- Works with project team to assist in developing and recommending process improvement plans.
- Assists with preparation of external financial reporting.
- Process payment requests for credit card use.
- Support Senior Program Officer for Exchanges in preparation of participant pre-paid cards, booking travel and accommodation, assisting participants in completion of online application and any other duties as needed.
- Performs other related duties assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent required in Business, Accounting, International Relations or Related Field.
- Requires a minimum of 2-5 years’ experience of accounting or finance in US Government contracted environment.
- Knowledge of US government regulations and procedures is preferred.
- Demonstrated attention to detail in the management of information and data. Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks of competing priority with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member, take initiative, meet deadlines, and be flexible.
- Demonstrated initiative to take on additional tasks and internal projects.
- Demonstrated problem solver.
- Strong computer skills including use of databases; proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel, including Sharepoint. Advanced Sharepoint and Excel skills preferred.
- Familiarity with Deltek and databases preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; demonstrated professionalism in written correspondence.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.