United Nations Volunteers, Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date for Applications:
Description of task
Under the overall guidance of the Team Leader-Women Economic Empowerment, the programme Assistant-Private Sector shall be responsible for; driving the Unstereotype Alliance and Women Empowerment Principles programme.
Programme Management Support:
- Drive growth of UA and WEPs membership in Kenya, including engaging new and old members, developing and updating member databases, conducting due diligence, following up with member payment, sharing materials and tools from HQ and best practices’ from membership, for purposes of learning;
- Provide programme and administrative support to UA and WEPs programmes in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements;
- Lead the implementation of the programmes and their workplans including timely communication to partners, convening of meetings both virtual and physical;
- In a timely manner, lead in preparation of UN Women quality internal reports on WEPs and UA including following up with members for their reports, collating the same and synthesizing into a comprehensive KCO report;
- Engage with and monitor the partners and their WEPs and UA commitments;
Administrative Support to UA and WEPs
- Provide administration/procurement support to the project: organization of conferences, workshops, seminars, missions, budget the events;
- Make travel arrangements as necessary including preparation of travel requisitions and claim.
- Organize and coordinate filing of correspondence/documents and ensure up-to- date filing. Maintain both hard copies and electronic copies of the office records and reference files on various subjects.
- Create and maintain appropriate folders for reference materials received electronically.
- Prepare presentation material/slides in Power-point for presentations for the meetings/workshops and keep all papers ready for meetings.
Technical and Advisory Support
- Supervise closely, the roll out of UA and WEPs;
- Maintain relationships with UA and WEPs members to support implementation KCO’s private sector engagement programme;
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and together with HQ, facilitate technical/ programming support and trainings including in Gender Responsive Procurement, tools to unstereotype media and advertising etc;
- Provide technical assistance, mentoring, training and capacity development initiatives to partners as the case might be.
Provide Substantive Inputs to Building Partnerships and Resource Mobilization Strategies
- Forge strategic partnerships and maintain relationships with private sector companies, corporations and associations of women and businesses, to support implementation UA dn WEPs;
- Lead UN Women’s participation in policy dialogues at country level, on issues related to Gender Equality, Women Empowerment and private sector engagement;
- Prepare relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles;
- Identify donors and participate in donor meetings and public information events related to WEPs and UA, as delegated.
Provide substantive inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts
- Organize advocacy campaigns at county/country, events, trainings, seminars, and knowledge products;
- Identify best practices and lessons learned to guide programme improvement, uptake of UA and WEPs and strategy planning;
- Contribute to develop knowledge management strategies, products, and methodologies on the UA and WEPs programmes;
- Participate in UA and WEPs donor meetings and public information events, as delegated.
- Required degree level
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Educational additional comments
- Bachelor Degree in, International Development, International Relations, Business, Communication, Marketing or related disciplines
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant private sector work or development work experience managing partnerships or in charge of communication, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building;
- Providing administrative and logistical support
- Experience in gender is an asset;
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and civil society
- Computer Skills: Excellent computing and IT skills, with full competency of office software packages.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Kiswahili(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge