World Food Programme, Aden, Yemen
Closing Date for Applications:
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
Aiming to feed 13 million of the most vulnerable people with food assistance, WFP’s emergency response in Yemen is the agency’s largest anywhere in the world. WFP also provides nutrition support to 1.7 million children and mothers, and delivers school meals to 850,000 children each day.
- Assisting 91.4 million people in around 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving Lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
- In 2019, WFP is scaling up its Yemen operations aiming to provide 12 million people with monthly food assistance through direct food distributions, vouchers or cash and nutritional support to nearly 3 million pregnant and nursing women and children under 5.
- To provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- 5 or more years of relevant experience.
- Completion of secondary school education;
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic and English.
- Either a Yemeni citizen or a foreign citizen with permanent Yemeni work permit.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES 1
- Update programme information and provide necessary support in developing relevant project documentation, including monthly/quarterly reports narrative and tabulated reporting, fact sheets, success stories, newsletters as required.
- Work closely with other units Of Programme relevant departments including operations, finance, supply chain, HR and security etc., for smooth implementation of project activities.
- Maintain archives of project activities, follow-up and support roll out of activities in line with the approved project design, strategies, work plans within the specified timeframe.
- Collect, compile and disseminate, timely follow of programme activities/monthly achievements and assist in preparing periodical reports on the prescribed formats.
- Support planning coordination with technical teams/units including information dissemination while ensuring flow of information organizing internal and external meetings/event, send invitations, arrange materials, take minutes/notes during events, take attendance, prepare event reports etc.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES 2
- Develop, organize and manage programme material/resource filing and record-keeping in coordination with programme units and electronically. Keeping up-to-date materials in hard and soft form
- Support the project team in day to day operational and administrative matters.
- Maintaining strong coordination With the support of' programme officer with all relevant government departments and local authorities to ensure timely provision of life-saving assistance to beneficiaries.
- Arrange: arid facilitate Official visits in the field and submission of field visits reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfil the needs of internal and external partners.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has previous experience in designing and or implementing General Food Assistance, Cash Based Trasnfers & Livelihood activities.
- Has experience working in the field of food secuirty/nutrition sensitive food systems.
- Has experience of conducting nutrition related surveys/ assessments.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- WFP is an equal opportunity employer.
- WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The applicant should be a Yemeni national or having work/residency permit.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
- Applications must be submitted online with:
- Use English language only.
- Indicate all your job TOR.
- Indicate clear years of experience with each job (month/year).