WFP, Manila, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
The main objective of the technical assistance is to assist in the development of guideline on NDRRMC Memorandum No. 60 integrating predictive analytics on the operationalization of its criteria for the declaration of a state of calamity and provide further backstopping support to the Country Office on vulnerability analysis and mapping.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Collaborate with WFP internal stakeholders and government partners on developing a workplan for the technical assistance from August-December 2020.
- Review mapping of existing literature, initiatives, methodology and processes related to vulnerability analysis for technical assistance engagement.
- Draft instruction-type manual on predictive analytics in relation to Memorandum No. 60 including description of methodology, steps, and exercises. The audience for the manual will be local government units seeking to utilize predictive analysis to conduct early actions in the case of a forecasted hazard.
- Further refine manual following feedback from government partners and technical working group members.
- Attend technical working group meetings in relation to Memorandum No. 60 and take the lead on following up agreements, action points and next steps.
- Finalize manual in print-ready format for roll-out to partners.
- As needed, support the capacity building of national government to conduct analysis based on the methodology from manual.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
DESIRED ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in Economics, Food Security, Statistics, Data Science, Public health/Nutrition, Geography or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- At least five (5) years of work experience in the field of food security, vulnerability analysis, statistics, monitoring and evaluation, needs assessment, or a closely related area.
- Proficiency in the use of ArcGIS, QGIS and SPSS/STATA
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of several statistical tools and methods for food security analysis.
- Developed practical expertise in food security analysis and mapping by participating in multiple assessments in countries, including the design, data collection and analysis
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and understanding of WFP vulnerability mapping systems and emergency assessment standards.
- Knowledge about desktop and online geographic information system
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to follow standard business support processes and procedures.
- Computer-literate, knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft applications,
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as photocopiers and scanners.
- Ability to provide information using courtesy and tact.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Strong analytical thinking and interpersonal skills
- With good coordination skills
- Can work under minimal supervision
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Filipino communication