World Food Programme, Baghdad, Iraq
Closing Date for Applications:
- Under the supervision of the Food for Assets (FFA) Activity Manager with overall guidance from the Head of Resilience Unit and as part of the Resilience Team in Iraq Country Office, the incumbent will support the planning, implementation and reporting on FFA activities under the Resilience Building portfolio in the WFP Iraq Country Office. In particular, the incumbent will support the planning, implementation and monitoring of FFA activities implemented in all sub-offices in WFP Iraq.
- To provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
- Contribute to the strategic planning, management and monitoring of FFA interventions implemented by WFP Iraq.
- With guidance from FFA Activity Manager, provide technical guidance and support to relevant field office staff on the planning, implementation and monitoring of FFA activities.
- Support the development of Call for Partnerships, review submitted concept notes and proposals, prepare technical reviews for presentation to the Cooperating Partner Committee (CPC), and review requests for project extensions by Cooperating Partners, and undertaking the needed evaluations.
- Support engagement with internal stakeholders to monitor FFA related expenditures based on project budgets to ensure timely fund utilisation as planned and to ensure regular monitoring and reporting on FFA activities and follow up on process monitoring.
- Support in planning, coordinating and tracking Cash Based Transfers under FFA activities implemented in Iraq in line with the distribution plans.
- Contribute to the development of FFA operational, distribution and process and outcome monitoring plans, ensuring alignment with WFP’s policy and procedure.
- Support in maintaining close engagement with cooperating partners implementing FFA activities, to ensure project deliverables are on track, and implementation is done in accordance to project plans and agreements.
- Monitor all aspects of project implementation progress, level of realization verses project objectives, reporting and invoicing including quality of the project standards.
- Undertake regular field visits to programme districts and ensure that programme activities are implemented according to the agreed standards and guidelines. Organize and carry out joint field visits with government, partners, donors and concerned stakeholders.
- Support in identification of new partnership opportunities with national and international NGOs, UN agencies, Government counterparts, academic institutions and other relevant stakeholders to further scale up WFP’s resilience building efforts in Iraq.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: University degree in Social Sciences; Development Studies, Rural Development, Environmental Economics, Natural Resources Management, Political Sciences, Business Administration, or similar related field. Fluency in Arabic Language is an advantage.
- Language: Fluency in both spoken and written English and Arabic.Kurdish language is an advantage.
- Work Experience: At least 3 years professional experience with UN agencies or international/national non-governmental organisations working on resilience building, livelihoods or similar development type interventions.