PROGRAMME EXECUTIVE, DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC AFFAIRS, MINISTRY OF FINANCE, GOVERNMENT OF INDIA - (OPEN TO INDIAN NATIONALS) - (4 POSITIONS)
United Nations Development Programme(UNDP), New Delhi, India
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analysis of the global economy and its impact on the economies of G20 countries. Analysis and research of the political, social and economic situation in the G20 countries;
- Analysis of the documents received from the G20 secretariat including comments and proposals of various countries on issues under discussion in the G20. Based on the analysis, provide brief policy notes at short notice on critical issues coming up for discussion in G20 meetings;
- Prepare monthly bulletins on global economic updates, research summaries from academic work / technical reports / articles / books, etc. and provide quick comments on documents on thematic issues of the G20, some of which are identified in the background section above. Preparation of graphs, reports, using databases available with DEA;
- Analysis of documents and reports produced by various international organizations and G20 reports;
- Identify areas for research within the thematic areas, including as identified in the background above, for DEA review and ensure effective support to the management of the G20 Programme focusing on quality control;
- Provide necessary technical backstopping for the preparation of position papers and knowledge products on important issues being discussed in the context of G20 matters;
- Research and analysis of issues in multilateral and regional cooperation fora including on the BRICS New Development Bank and the Asia Infrastructure Investment Bank;
- Organize and attend internal meetings, consultations, workshops, conferences, brainstorming sessions, meetings as required, and prepare briefing notes, minutes, follow up with other Departments in matters relating to multilateral issues for necessary action. The programme executives may be required to present research papers in these meetings;
- Regularly interact with those representing India in various multilateral fora meetings through face to face meetings, telephone and e-mails;
- Maintain an established network of contacts for information sharing and to remain up-to-date on economic and development issues and ensure adequate information flow, regular contact and feedback among various stakeholders;
- Create G20 research library and identify on line sources where research / published materials in areas of G20 concerns and other multilateral fora are uploaded and properly catalogued and also obtain them for research purposes;
- Submit regular updates, progress reports on deliverables to the Director(UN) and UNDP;
- Possess good knowledge of information technology tools and apply it in work assignments;
- Perform any other related task(s) assigned by the Director, DEA.
- Post graduate / Master’s degree in Economics with familiarity in Econometrics, Social Sciences, Development Studies or related field;
- Specialization in international economy would be an advantage.
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in research, development studies, economic studies;
- Experience of working with academia / think tanks / research institutions and such will be preferred;
- Hands on experience on economic and social development issues (policy and strategic) will be preferred;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, (MS Word, Excel, and Power Point, etc.). Advanced knowledge of spread sheet, database and research packages will be an asset;
- Familiarity with the working environment and professional standards of international organizations and national and state governments;
- High quality reports and knowledge products (samples may be requested as reference).
- Excellent command of the English language and local language of duty station.
- Willingness to travel.
- Remuneration package is INR 96,008 per month (taxable). UNDP also offers additional benefits which include medical insurance coverage and limited pension reimbursement for contract holder and encourages work life balance.