Terms of References
We are looking for a Programme Manager to be part of the Engagement, Dialogue & Process Design (EDP) Unit. Reporting to the EDP Director, the Manager works as part of or in lead of teams managing the projects, programmes and envelopes at a global level run by EDP or other units.
In particular, the Programme Manager will lead on the design, development and implementation of EIP’s work in Latin America. In addition to English, the Manager will therefore need to have an excellent command of Spanish, both oral and in writing, and have prior extensive experience with working in Latin America.
In this context, the Programme Manager’s responsibility will be to:
- Ensure operational and strategic coherence on assigned projects, programmes and envelopes to ensure that EIP’s contribution is sustainable and inclusive, and in line with EIP's Vision, Mission, and Goals;
- Maintain oversight of project implementation by supporting and managing the team, ensuring good team dynamics and facilitating internal communication flows;
- Directly and indirectly contribute to EIP's relationship management with actors in the field, the UN, relevant Governments, and the EU for purposes of buy-in, expectations management, and where appropriate policy-influencing;
- Develop and maintain effective liaison, strong relations and engagement with donors to facilitate the timely implementation of project activities, ensure strict compliance with donor rules and regulations, and delivery and monitoring of programme outputs and expenditure within defined deadlines, and engage in fundraising efforts;
- In collaboration with EIP’s European Affairs and Public Affairs, develop and maintain strong relationships and partnerships with relevant EU institutions, European governments and NGO counterparts, particularly those based in the region, to identify political priorities, regional interests and scope for collaboration;
- Develop concrete and realistic strategies for engagement on the ground in order to develop strong networks and ability to work closely with local actors, conflict parties, and other relevant groups (e.g. marginalised actors etc) to inform and contribute to the achievement of project objectives;
- Work closely with colleagues to contribute to analysis and compile briefing materials for internal and external audiences and events, including preparation of speeches for senior leadership, and lead or contribute to the development of relevant policy discussions, recommendations and process design options;
- Take initiative, identify opportunities and plan and participate in scoping missions or other project development activities as necessary and subsequently develop strategies for new EIP interventions;
- Any other responsibility agreed upon with the line manager.
Qualifications and Requirements
- University degree in political science, conflict resolutions, international relations, or related field;
- Minimum 10 years of experience, at least 5 of them spent on concrete international efforts on mediation, mediation-support or dialogue facilitation;
- Significant experience working and operating in Latin America;
- Experience working with recovering or fragile states and EU institutions;
- Excellent writing and analytical skills;
- Perfect command of English and Spanish (verbal and written). Any other EU language is also an asset;
- Ability to work well under deadlines;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team;
- Ability to work in Belgium (Belgian or EU citizen or currently in possession of a Belgian work permit.)