Under the guidance of the Chief of WASH, provide professional technical assistance and support for programme design, planning and implementation, management and evaluation of WASH programme/project activities, data analysis and progress reporting, in support of programme goals and objectives
Knowledge Management and Reporting:
- Contribute to WASH programmes by supporting knowledge management through providing professional assistance in data collection and analysis, complete and accurate reporting as well as participation in the Programme Knowledge Network system of "lessons learned" and other databases for the WASH Section/Sector.
- Fulfil all weekly, monthly, and annual reporting requirements for the WASH section including donor reports, Results Assessment Module (RAM), annual reports, situation reports(sitreps) as well as others identified by the office.
- Participate in information exchange with partners, governmental representatives, and section focal points and ensure adequate frequency updates, access and standardization of information. Participate in the preparation of, and making professional contribution to, the preparation of programme reports and donor proposals required for the management.
Programme Development and Management:
- Provide professional technical assistance in the preparation of the Situation Analysis for programme development and management by collecting and analyzing data and monitoring implementation progress. Contribute to the identification of critical intervention points and measures by administering a consistent and transparent monitoring system. Draft or prepare programme work plans as required and support the chief in the Mid-Term Review (MTR) process. Propose and implement adjustments/changes in work plans. Propose program recommendations for inclusion in formal programme documentation, and new approaches, methods and practices for Chief of WASH taking into consideration country and office priorities.
Optimum Use of Program Funds:
- Monitors programme implementation progress and compliance. Monitors the allocation and disbursement of programme funds for the WASH section, making sure that funds are properly coordinated, monitored and liquidated in compliance with donor requirements. Takes appropriate recommendations or actions to optimize use of programme funds.
Programme Monitoring and Evaluations:
- Undertakes field visits to monitor and assess programme implementation and decides on required corrective action.
- Collaborate with partners to carry out a rigorous and transparent approach to evaluation and participate in the major programme evaluation exercises to improve efficiency and quality of programme delivery. This also includes support in Knowledge, Attitude, and Practice (KAP) surveys implementation, analysis, and evidence generation as a result.
- Participate in annual WASH sector review meetings with government and sector partners’ counterparts and assist in updating the Jordan Response Plan (JRP) for 2021 for the WASH Sector.
Rights-Based and Results-Based Programme Management Approach:
- Support a rights-based programmes approach in the formulation of programme goals and objectives and development of strategies and implementation frameworks. Collaborate with partners and assist in the strengthening of quality child rights-based programmes through consistent and effective planning, design, implementation, monitoring and/or evaluation of programmes and projects. Contribute to coherence, synergy and added value to the programming planning and design processes using a results-based management approach to programme planning and design.
- Provide professional technical assistance in preparing viable recommendations on project implementation, alternative approaches, new initiatives and optimal utilization of resources that contribute effectively to the fulfilment of the rights of children and women.
National and Local Capacity Building/Sustainability:
- Provide government authorities and sector partners with technical assistance and support in planning and organizing training programmes for the purpose of capacity building and programme sustainability, for humanitarian response and efforts towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goal (SDGs).
- Promote and maintain the building and reinforcing of the commitment and institutional capacities of the national and local partners as directed by the Chief of WASH by identifying these partners and partnerships and providing continuous support, coordination and collaboration for sustainability, prioritization of activities, and promoting the“ Build Back Better” modality
Rights Perspective and Advocacy at the National, Community and Family Levels:
- Analyze programme related issues and policies from a children's and women's rights perspective and advocacy at the community and family levels for elevating credibility in national policy debates. Promote the organization goals of UNICEF through active advocacy and communication.
- Support Partnerships Section by contributing to the production of various WASH communication products for donors, concept note, and field visits products to reflect and present program priorities and advocacy products.
Partnership, Coordination and Collaboration:
- Facilitate partnership and collaboration with internal and external WASH counterparts, including those of the UN and national partners, in order to improve the ability to collect and disseminate WASH development data and information, exchange information on programme/project status and implementation and movement/distribution of supplies.
- Collaborate with the Operations Section to establish and maintain sound internal controls supportive of programming endeavours and to coordinate financial and supply management requirements and accountability. Support the Chief of WASH in developing and maintaining close collaboration with donors, as well as with groups and organizations whose support is essential to the achievement of WASH programs objectives
- Provide professional support in provision of technical advice, negotiation, advocacy and promotion of area/country level goals, leading to agreement on practicable and priority actions to be supported by the UNICEF programme including close collaboration with Regional Advisers and HQ Officers for overall coordination.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A university degree in one of the following fields is required: Social Sciences, International Relations, Government, Public Administration, Public Policy, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, Engineering, or another relevant technical field
- Two years progressively responsible experience in humanitarian/situation reporting, monitoring and evaluation or related field is required.
- Proficient knowledge on MSOffice products
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate complex analysis in simple language
- Ability to demonstrate organized multi-cultural working environment and a team player.
- Previous experience in working with the UN on knowledge management and advocacy is a strong asset
- Previous WASH experience is highly desired.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (both written and oral communication) is mandatory.